Boston Crusaders 2007 Finals, Pasadena,CA

Plight  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the plight of the Boston Crusaders?

• To Rise in 2007
    • To Fall in 2007
    • None of the above. They will be placed 10th again.

As a former marching member of Boston Crusaders, I will agree that scores have very little impact on our focus and morale. I was fortunate enough to be involved with the organization during their two best finishes (2000 and 2002) and while high placements definitely added to our excitement on finals night, we were most rewarded by an emotional connection with our fans.

I find it disappointing that so many people continue to predict the demise of the Boston Crusaders, but I praise the members for producing consistent, high-quality products each year.

They continue to make me proud as an alumnus of the Boston Crusaders and I'm sure 2007 will be no exception.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scores DON'T matter to the members of the Boston Crusaders, at least apparently not as much as the matter to some folks on DCP. The corps' motto "WE DON'T GAVA!" demonstrates this. When is the last time you heard someone from the BAC on DCP whining about a particular score or judge (unlike SOME other groups)?

It's because the kids in Boston are really focused on....well, being "Boston"---which means being into their show and hopefully, the connection with their audience. The numbers will be whatever they are. The Crusaders have ALWAYS known the great truth of drum corps......get ready for it.....that you can't control the numbers-only your performance.

And yes, I agree with DCPguy1111---2006 was arguably the best product-caption for caption-that Boston has ever fielded.

And for the record, the greatest achievement of the 2000 corps was NOT the 5th place finish...it was the audience reaction to that show. It seems to me that the 06 show was much more subtle and less viceral than the 2000 show, but this year's brass sound, drum line, guard and drill were all at a higher level than the previous years.

As far as 2007, I see Boston remaining a great drum corps, whether it ends up in first place or lower.

You make a good point about Boston rarely been seen as complainers after a judge or two may have given them a score that was lower than perhaps they thought they should have been given. There seems to be a few Corps and their fans that really want to rip a juge, even going into the mode of naming that particular judge, if a Corps surpasses them in a caption or placement. In reading DCP the last 2 years, Boston seems to have the right perspective about these things and takes the high road. I applaud them for this. By the way, this poster congratulates Boston on their consistency the last half dozen or so years, and this years effort. There were parts of Boston's show I Liked this year, and parts that wern't to my liking. But I thought the entire Corps had a classy and sophisticated look and feel to it .And thank you for introducing us to a rising young American Composer that many of us were unfamiliar with before Boston introduced us to her this year in their show.

Edited by X DM

You are absolutely right! From a member standpoint the process is more important then scores in itself. The staff and administration do an outstanding job of designing a show that is innovative but also keeps the traditions of Boston alive. They are also very good at designing a program that will one be entertaining and also give the corps the best chance of being competitive.

Yes this year's show was very different then the usual Boston show. It is so hard to compare corps year to year as thery're so many intangibles to consider but I would agree that this year's version of the Crusaders was one of the strongest corps they have put out in all caption areas. You also have to consider that in some ways parody has hit DCI. Division I is alot more competitive then in the past. The spread between 5th and let's say 10th place has narrowed. Which is great for the activity.

I believe Boston will continue their great tradition in 2007 and will be entertaining and competitive. As far as placement who knows. All you can ask your members to do is work hard and the scores will take care of themselves.

The scores DON'T matter to the members of the Boston Crusaders, at least apparently not as much as the matter to some folks on DCP. The corps' motto "WE DON'T GAVA!" demonstrates this. When is the last time you heard someone from the BAC on DCP whining about a particular score or judge (unlike SOME other groups)?

It's because the kids in Boston are really focused on....well, being "Boston"---which means being into their show and hopefully, the connection with their audience. The numbers will be whatever they are. The Crusaders have ALWAYS known the great truth of drum corps......get ready for it.....that you can't control the numbers-only your performance.

And yes, I agree with DCPguy1111---2006 was arguably the best product-caption for caption-that Boston has ever fielded.

And for the record, the greatest achievement of the 2000 corps was NOT the 5th place finish...it was the audience reaction to that show. It seems to me that the 06 show was much more subtle and less viceral than the 2000 show, but this year's brass sound, drum line, guard and drill were all at a higher level than the previous years.

As far as 2007, I see Boston remaining a great drum corps, whether it ends up in first place or lower.

My best poll of the day and and and i i took a chance with the word plight! b**bs

drumhumorTerrance :rolleyes: At lest it is somewhere close to poll by victorcoly!

It sounds like craiga thinks Boston Crusaders will be the victor 2007and with corps name like Boston Crusaders it's a shocker if they do not pull one in but there you go Blue Devils! Blue Devils! Blue Devils! B)

The WordRider Yeaah!

In terms of what REALLY matters in this activity, Boston will be victorious as soon as it steps onto the field for its 67th year.

Eat'em Boston! :)

Amen to that!!! People need to undestand that this was the best year so far for boston. But there were alot of corps that had great years too. It was a very close race between the top 12. It was a great competitive year... But as far as the crusaders go... we dont gava! :worthy: