best & worst guard "uniforms" of '06

FAVORITE: Cavaliers - very appropriate to their theme, and not outlandish...

LEAST FAVORITE: Madison - while it was also appropriate, the first thing I thought when I saw it was, "Oh great, Madison is doing the Lion King this year." Not the reaction one should have - unless you're actually doing the Lion King.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was either a very good year or a bad one for guard costumes, depending upon your point of view...

On the good side, the costumes were, for the most part, tasteful. Nothing stood out to me as garish, outlandish or completely cringe-inducing (remember lavendar togas and lime green Ninja turtles of a few years ago.)

On the other hand, nothing stood out, period. I don't recall a single design having particularly caught my eye nor were any of the outfits very memorable. As I type this, I'm having a really hard time calling to mind what some guards wore at all. Some of the designs were so understated (SCV, PR, Spirit) as to be almost non-existent.

Favorite: Cavaliers, no contest. Old school meets new scool in design, function and presence. Outstanding attention to detail and very imaginative. One of the best guard outfits of all time. Maybe even top five.

Blue Devils: Elegant, classy, sophisticated. Colors went well with the corps proper.

Madison Scouts: I just cant imagine how I would look in it LOL LOL....Excelent design for the show concept.

Wost ?

Cadets, mainly for the hideous design of the main characters but I cant even remember what the guard was wearing.

Favorite honorable mention: Crossmen. They have had some really cool guard outfits, this years off-center cross and color scheme was awesome !

~G~

Alright.. Uniform wise...

Loved: Cavies... although they must have been a pain in the butt to perform with

Blue coats... very clean

Boston... I'm partial to this one ofcourse..but they were better than last years...and indeed very

BAC

Madison.... although like cavies..they must have been a pain to perform with... they looked

great on the field

Not so great: Cadets... Too much of that baby blue...and the backgrounds were just.. too much

BD.... to me, they were boring

Phantom... SImply not my style

Spirit.. the shirts they changed into werent great

Crown... too much purple

just a quick comment...

they were not "capes" or "cape thingys"

they ARE animal skin blankets.

Tribal warriors used them to keep themselves warm or as camoflauge while hunting.

The opener was entitled "the Hunt", hence the design choice to have them.

wow, awesome! thanks for the information!

If we are looking at just unis, not as a whole, I'm gonna have to go with Cadets. Very appealing design, worked well with flags, not over-the-top or underwhelming. Can't really complain, don't know why anybody would hate this design..

Just looking at BD's guard made me hot, and not because of their talent level. They looked very satin/suede-like and extremely warm to perform in.

Cavies... just no. Sorry.

Phantom's guard 'wings' made the arm movements look awkward in my opinion, almost like they were weighing the arms down.

SCV was too plain and simple, which I guess can be okay, but it just seemed like they ran out of ideas and thus black and white.

Madison... just no.

Likes: The non charactered guard of the cadets, phantom regiment

Dislikes: Blue Devils, the feature characters of the Cadets