Old School Technique

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice catch on the homophones! Step size back in the day was typically 26'' or ' 6 to the 5', as we called it. That precise a look was commonplace in those days. Check the old photos of Troopers, Anaheim, Cavvies, Garfield. If it wasn't as clean as the photo above, of the Canadian corps (?).....well then it sucked. That simple. Granted, it may not have been as artistic as today, but the execution was usually razor sharp! B)

Didn't SVC back in the '70s & '80s do a 7 to 5 step?

The stride looks bigger than a 22.5 " step.....more like what the military would use....no? :rolleyes:

Nah - that's a 1960's style jazz run!

Actually, to answer a couple of questions, it's actually a senior corps, Guelph Royalaires (see my sig) and I think this is from the late '60s but I can't be sure. If it's earlier than that it's possible that there is still some military influence as Royalaires grew out of a military band.

I was just looking on our website today and took a close look at the toes and said - wow!

EDIT - if I remember my CFP201 manual of Canadian Military Drill correctly, the standard pace size was 28". Long time ago though.....

Edited by kusankusho

[/img]major.jpg

Bring back the baton!

Auh! Yes, The days of great Popcorn.Memories :sleep:

Terrance

Hey, you called it!

Good ol' 6 to 5. This is the stride we marched in Jr. High

The days when marching a straight line was the norm.

bill

Your correct BlueCollarDrumCorps Today's Drill are now confounded.

Terrance

Your correct BlueCollarDrumCorps Today's Drill are now confounded.

Terrance

There's another one of those pesky homophones....."You're correct..." instead of "Your correct..." :P b**bs

6-5 is a 30" pace. That's stretching the old hip flexors!

major.jpg

Bring back the baton!

Go CANES!

b**bs

Sweet... two consecutive posts that misuse the homophones their/they're/there.

Is this right: You're a tool. Or is it: Your a tool?

Maybe your an english teacher that corrects there posts and not the ones over their? I always find it amusing when someone corrects a post for grammer. Yes I know the difference between their and there, and yes I used the wrong one. I'm also a bad speller. I make lots of errors in my posts, some I catch before I post, some I have to edit, and some I never catch. Some times I wonder why my University bothered to matriculate me. Thanks for taking the time to make you're comment, I'm sure were all glad the proffessorr is in the hizzouse.

(booby prize if you can find all the errors in this post Malambo)