Thank you from DCA.

The ":parade of talent" drummers could play the traditional Skyliner or Cabs street beat. The horns could play Auld-Lang Syne. It might take 15 minutes to learn, but the comeraderie would last a lifetime. (Could you favorably compare it to the Macy's all-stars in 1994? Perhaps.) Every participant gets a Free Beer coupon for a Genessee Cream Ale. :P

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me on this... if Vince Bruni was alive... there would have been a parade... at some point in the weekend... probably Friday night mixed in with the I&E mini corps

he was the PT Barnum of drum corps...

gosh, he'd have convinced them to buy tickets for Saturday even with the hurricane bearing down

trust me on this... if Vince Bruni was alive... there would have been a parade... at some point in the weekend... probably Friday night mixed in with the I&E mini corps

he was the PT Barnum of drum corps...

gosh, he'd have convinced them to buy tickets for Saturday even with the hurricane bearing down

Mr. B would have found a way to make the hurricane a part of the show.

The talk about improvements planned for PAETEC and Rochester sound like they aren't going to be ready for a few years. 2007 will be in the same city/park - OK, what will be ready?

If talks are going on for moving the host city in 2008 and beyond, how about planning a more central locale? I vote for Arrowhead in KC, or Jerry Jones's new Cowboys stadium in Arlington, TX to be ready for the season and a superbowl in 2009. Perhaps Bloomington, IN or Normal, IL.

I'd love to go back to Grand Haven, MI or maybe Indy in the dome.

How about Three Rivers in Pittsburg (If it's still standing).

RalieghDurham or Charlotte, NC?

I guess I'm asking - why so far northeast?

honestly ~ Indy the dome?

i believe in reaching when appropriate ~ i don't think the fan base is big enough to the extent where something that large is needed and especially it being that far removed from any DCA corps/circuit.

Mr. B would have found a way to make the hurricane a part of the show.

it's all about GE

The talk about improvements planned for PAETEC and Rochester sound like they aren't going to be ready for a few years. 2007 will be in the same city/park - OK, what will be ready?

If talks are going on for moving the host city in 2008 and beyond, how about planning a more central locale? I vote for Arrowhead in KC, or Jerry Jones's new Cowboys stadium in Arlington, TX to be ready for the season and a superbowl in 2009. Perhaps Bloomington, IN or Normal, IL.

I'd love to go back to Grand Haven, MI or maybe Indy in the dome.

How about Three Rivers in Pittsburg (If it's still standing).

RalieghDurham or Charlotte, NC?

I guess I'm asking - why so far northeast?

that's where the established fan base is.

fan base is everything and it's not only about $$$

There is fan loyalty involved in BOTH directions...

While I have supported "expanding" the zone and over the years sought out other venues, there is a limit... (for now)

I thought that Winston Salem was on the edge of the acceptable zone and that was actively investigated...

DCA does a marvelous job of walking a thin line between being progressive, encouraging the growth of the activity and NOT jeopardizing the financial well being of its corps. They also have demonstrated that they are responsive and loyal to their fans and supporters.

DCA 2006 - despite Ernesto - was a wonderful experience.

cudos to DCA, Gil Silva, Allen Buell, Fred Windish and all involved

OK, next question for ya'll to shoot holes in....

I infered from someone's post in this mish mosh somewhere that the front side of the stands this year is actually the backfield side and at some point the other side of the field will be filled in and larger to actually become the front/concert side. Wrong again?