"Non-Competative" Corps Recruiting Ideas

Short and sweet..... How have other Alumni corps recruited new members? What has worked and what hasn't worked in the past?

And yeah I know, having "Alumni" in the name (IMO) hurts more than it helps.

PS - Yeah, we're looking for people dedicated (and nutzy) enough to do the parade/standstill bit. B)

we've put out posts on here, RAMD, emailed friends and spread it thru word of mouth.

it's worked.

Short and sweet..... How have other Alumni corps recruited new members? What has worked and what hasn't worked in the past?

And yeah I know, having "Alumni" in the name (IMO) hurts more than it helps.

PS - Yeah, we're looking for people dedicated (and nutzy) enough to do the parade/standstill bit. B)

Jim......having gone thru a few ah, evolutions in the 'movement'.....I can agree with Jeff on postings on every possible internet 'board'. The rest is hard work on direct calling by members who can reach other drum corps folks in their (existing members) calling area. Good idea to reach out to local high and middle schools to promote the benefits of playing brass & percussion during the summer.

Victory still has some kick ### brews.

we've put out posts on here, RAMD, emailed friends and spread it thru word of mouth.

it's worked.

and my guess is we've followed your good example. :)

and my guess is we've followed your good example. :)

Us too - we also ran a recruiting ad on the local radio station - if you click this link it will play as soon as you enter the site

http://www.guelphroyalairesalumni.ca/about.html

We also hosted the revived Waterloo Band Festival and had advertising posters up for it with our name all over them. Best thing though is our planned appearances in a couple of Christmas parades this year. Nothing tells folks you are back quite like showing up!

Cheers

Jim

Jim......having gone thru a few ah, evolutions in the 'movement'.....I can agree with Jeff on postings on every possible internet 'board'. The rest is hard work on direct calling by members who can reach other drum corps folks in their (existing members) calling area. Good idea to reach out to local high and middle schools to promote the benefits of playing brass & percussion during the summer.

Victory still has some kick ### brews.

Thanks all for the responses so far. We've performed for the local HS age people and picked up some members there which is cool the whole way around but hitting a problem when they go to college. Problem is they either have to cut back or drop out all together because school is the priority. No complaint from my end as I did the same thing when I marched. Corps board is looking into performances and/or info table at the local band shows this fall. Difference is they will target the High Schoolers and their parents. It should give the parents something to do when they have to take the kid to the band show an hour before it starts. "Pssst, want something to read to kill some time". :huh: :P

Will email the corps Business Manager on posting recruiting and publicity on the boards. I might be the only (big mouthed) corps member who still posts.

And I'm sure Victory has better brews than my brother in laws current place in NC. I don't even like the Lager they make and I'm a Lager maniac. :huh: