Alan Winslow, DCW Photographer

I also posted this in the DCA corps forum but wanted to make sure everyone gets this. Alan Winslow, a long time Drum Corps World photographer and former member of the Empire Statesmen (and a plethora of other corps in the Northeast) was diagnosed with colon cancer over a year ago. It had gone into remission but in recent months the condition has worsened. I just talked to him on the phone this morning and he sounded VERY weak. He is still at his home in San Antonio for the moment and his family is taking care of him. Your thoughts and prayers for Alan will be greatly appreciated.

I have Alan's email address (which he does not check often) and phone number if any of you would like to contact him.

I worked many years with Alan while I was with DCW. He was a great asset to the publication during my tenure and I always enjoyed our conversations. I pray for him and his loved ones.

Steve Powers

• 2 weeks later...

I just got word from Steve Vickers, Alan Winslow passed away this evening. He apparently went into the hospital on September 5th after returning home from the DCA Championship. His cancer apparent accelerated over the past two weeks. No information yet on services, but I am sure it will be forthcoming.

Sorry to pass on this sad news.

William ALdrich-Thorpe

DCW Staff Writer