Forget about A/OC & CF...

Marc66

OK...

I've seen the arguments for America/O Canada...

I've seen the arguments for Champions Fanfare...

Frankly, I think they should do away with both and bring back REAL RETREATS...let the corps play themselves off the field with their corps song, or part of their show.

REAL RETREATS..."There not just for us old-schoolers anymore!!!"

OK gang...give the universe your thoughts...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...

Frankly, I think they should do away with both and bring back REAL RETREATS...let the corps play themselves off the field with their corps song, or part of their show.

YES!!! :tic:

That would be the best solution in my opionion.

:wub::lol::lol::wub::lol::lol::lol::tic::wub::wub:

at least bring them back for finals, and maybe the major weekend regionals.

I just think of Madison doing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at retreat and I have no problem with this.

at least bring them back for finals, and maybe the major weekend regionals.

I agree...just for regionals and finals (which is still there). I do appreciate being able to leave shows early during the week. More than two or three hours of floor time goes a long way.

Having full retreat at regionals is something I'd love. My first year was '05, and I didn't get to participate in any retreat at all. If it weren't for one retreat I witnessed as a fan back in '04 in Orlando, I might not be marching today. The retreat on finals night is the best feeling I've had in the world.

There's no real reason to NOT have a full retreat at Finals. As a paying customer, the whole "Drum Corps, you are dismissed", or whatever is said, is extremely anti-climatic and unprofessional.... especially when Brandt Crocker has to remind the corps repeatedly to leave the field.

There's no real reason to NOT have a full retreat at Finals. As a paying customer, the whole "Drum Corps, you are dismissed", or whatever is said, is extremely anti-climatic and unprofessional.... especially when Brandt Crocker has to remind the corps repeatedly to leave the field.

yup, pretty lame <**>

OK...

What he said !!!!

Sometimes, the retreat is the best part of the show !!!

The whole arguement about doing half asp retreat started a couple of years ago, when the corps were complaining they needed more practise time.

So they loaded up the truck and moved to their next show site. Some of the staffs, from what I've been told, were complaining they spent too much time on the road and that cut into their practise time the next day.

Go back to the REAL RETREATS and give the people in the stands what they want.... full value for their money.