DCI High Brass Winners

You would think that DCI would have this information on a archives/history portion of the website.

I really don't have any complaints about the DCI website. I think it is top notch...but if there is one thing I don't like is the lack of historical info such as this. :laugh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't have any complaints about the DCI website. I think it is top notch...but if there is one thing I don't like is the lack of historical info such as this. :laugh:

http://www.corpsreps.com/

This is one of the most definative archive sites you can find.

Here's some trivia for ya...

In 1978, less than 18 months after 95 percent of the hornline first touched a bugle, Spirit of Atlanta missed winning high horns by .05.

Which pretty much explains the name of the high brass award. :(
  • Like 1

Small plug here.

On the front page of the page of the website there are 4 sections that you can link to that list all of the caption winners not only for Finals, but also for

Quarterfinals,Semis, and Prelims. These lists are for all 3 divisions (Div I/ II/III). 1972-2006. There are split up by decades. 1972-1979, 1980-1989, 1990-1999, 2000-2006. All for your viewing pleasure, unless you wanted some other corps to win a certain caption, then you'll be "ticked."

Caption Winners

That is all.

Go "Caption This" Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

Okay...so if Spookykid's list is correct, then BD's brass has never gone three consecutive years without winning the brass trophy (either via a tie or an outright win) since their first award in 1976.

Let's see how they recover in 2007...this is their third year since winning in 2004.