***Sunrisers Announce Open House***

sunbari1

The Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps is proud to announce that we will be holding our annual Open House on Sunday, November 26, 2006 from 1 PM to 6 PM at:

The Nyack Center

58 Depew Avenue

Nyack, NY

DIRECTIONS

The Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps, from Rockland County, NY, is an all-age, weekend-only, field competitive, educational activity that provides its members with an intensive education in the marching arts. We are six-time Drum Corps Associates World Champions, and have been voted “The Corps of the 1980’s (Senior) ” by the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame. Founded in 1954, the Sunrisers have a proud history of innovation, tradition, pride and excellence. We were the first DCA corps introduce mallet instruments, field an all-female color guard and use a female brass soloist. The corps’ success in competition is fueled by a strong work ethic and a dedication to the pursuit of excellence. This has resulted in the Sunrisers garnering 6 DCA World Championships, 1 American Legion National Championship, and 31 appearances in the DCA World Championship Finals since 1966. We offer you one of the lowest membership dues in all of drum corps, and a great staff of instructors to teach you.

If you are a high school sudent, college student, recent DCI ageout or a veteran of the drum corps activity looking for a new home, the Sunrisers are the corps for you! The Sunrisers are a close-knit drum and bugle corps that welcomes members of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels. We are sure that once you join the Sunriser family you will be glad that you did. Life-long friendships and numerous marriages have resulted from membership in the Sunrisers and we hope that you will come experience these with us. We invite you to come join the Sunrisers' family, where the friends and memories last a lifetime!

Students are encouraged to bring their parents with them and we will be happy to answer all of their questions. Refreshments will also be served.

For more information, please visit the Sunrisers Recruitment Central website at: www.sunrecruitment.org or email us at: recruitment@sunrecruitment.org. Feel free to also visit our main website at: www.sunrisers.com.

Edited by sunbari1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... that's the first thing I thought about when I looked at the website the last time. "Hmmm... what are we gonna rhyme with 7?"

Takin you to heaven in 2007?

from the Rhyme Generator website, these are words that rhyme with seven (most don't though) :drool:

even, woven, haven, sedan, liven, leaven, Devon, heaven, siren, riven, oven, given, raven, shaven, Nevin, coven, maven, Helen, Kevin, spawn, stain, yearn, span, sullen, wizen, widen, spoon, Essen, Yaren, sworn, Woden, weaken, taken, mavin, deafen, wren, waken, waxen, vixen, preen, Sweden, token, Veblen, deepen, woken, Weyden, legmen, Vern, vegan, sweeten

Edited by bumo27

What's wrong Tom, couldn't rhyme anything with seven?

:laugh:

Good luck, Sunrisers. :)

I could only think of revin' and heaven, both were lame! <**> This year's motto is also our mission statement for 2007.

I miss you guys and I wish I could make it! (I'll be auditioning for Phantom Regiment that weekend.) I'll be calling to check in and see what's going on.

Seriously, if you're even just thinking about what it would be like to march Sun, or you're not sure where to go this summer, check out the open house!!

Join the family. *Once a Sunriser, always a Sunriser.*

I miss you guys already! Just think... only 67(?) days till the Open House!

And like Dea said, come on out and join our family. I want a bigger corps this year. Here's to he drive for Finals!

Bump! :wall:

(Go to open house!!!!)

B)

w/Stp: (First chop bust of the 2007 season! :worthy: )

Edited by sunbari1

Yay for chop busting!

In all seriousness though, I had more fun last year than the previous 14 combined. I'm already getting the itch to play again.