***Sunrisers Announce Open House***

sunbari1

55 Days until the Sunrisers Open House, let the countdown commence! ^OO^

54 Days!!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man can't wait for open house, i know nick will provide food, but there is this little pizzeria that has some of the best salad pizza, yes i said it, salad pizza around, and the other stuff is awesome, eat there all winter during practice, well not during practice, you know, during lunch

Like contras never ate DURING practice before. Heck! I remember twice already eating DURING performances. BBQ Chicken going down the streets of Newark and Hotdogs after taking Bubba's patented "contra shortcut" at that parade in Jersey.

Recruitment Report:

Got another contra, a soprano, and a baritone today.

How many days left, Tom?

Heck! I remember twice already eating DURING performances. BBQ Chicken going down the streets of Newark and Hotdogs after taking Bubba's patented "contra shortcut" at that parade in Jersey.

LOL Sayre.... some things never change with the Sunrisers.

1982..... a group of horn players (including me) us showed up late for the Barnum Festival parade in Bridgeport.... the corps had already stepped off as we threw our uniforms on and joined the ranks, forming another line of horns in the back.

That parade was a lot of stop-and-go....march for a bit, stop and wait for a bit. During one of the waits, one of our soprano players (Vinnie Conlon) ordered hot dogs for anyone in the back line who wanted one, from one of the local street-cart vendors.

The corps then stepped off before we could finish our snack.....so here we were, the corps marching along, with us in the back line munching down hot dogs, praying that there wouldn't be a roll-off into a song!!!!!!

Fran

1982..... a group of horn players (including me) us showed up late for the Barnum Festival parade in Bridgeport.... the corps had already stepped off as we threw our uniforms on and joined the ranks, forming another line of horns in the back.

That parade was a lot of stop-and-go....march for a bit, stop and wait for a bit. During one of the waits, one of our soprano players (Vinnie Conlon) ordered hot dogs for anyone in the back line who wanted one, from one of the local street-cart vendors.

The corps then stepped off before we could finish our snack.....so here we were, the corps marching along, with us in the back line munching down hot dogs, praying that there wouldn't be a roll-off into a song!!!!!!

Fran

Fran,

I thought about starting a roll-off because no one offered me one... b**bs

(I should have just gone to the back line....as an OLD Bari player I used to be back there anyways)

Along most of the Barnum Festival parade route folks were always yelling "Play Something".....I seem to remember Vinnie asking what kind of beer they had, and how many it would "cost" for us to "Play Something"

How come I can remember something from the 1982 Barnum parade and not where I left my car keys are from last night?

(Maybe I should go back to drinking adult beverages... b**bs )

Tony B)

Both of the times I mentioned above, we were busted by our drum majors. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to play America the Beautiful with a drumstick (the chicken kind, not the musical kind) in your hand? Or for that matter, can you play Night in Tunisia with a hotdog hanging out of your mouth like a cigarette? I know I can! Every time I ever got fed at a parade we just HAD to have a roll-off!

Both of the times I mentioned above, we were busted by our drum majors. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to play America the Beautiful with a drumstick (the chicken kind, not the musical kind) in your hand? Or for that matter, can you play Night in Tunisia with a hotdog hanging out of your mouth like a cigarette? I know I can! Every time I ever got fed at a parade we just HAD to have a roll-off!

Obviously it wasn't when I was around... I can't see over the drummers! :P

LOL HAHA man bubba shortcuts, buying food and eating it during parades, haven't tried eating during a parade yet, but this is what drum corps is about old stories, that you can all hear if you come to the open house. i know for bridgeport a couple years back, my brother, actually my twin brother came up to hang with me for the day and helped move pit equipment for the show, well, for the parade that morning we ran out of water, so nick sent my brother to the store we had just passed to get some more water, and the skyliners were behind us somewhere, and no one believed me wheni marched with them that i had a twin brother. well, they met him that day, called him josh, and he said no i am jose(standard spanish name,given either because you don't know what to name your kid or in honor of the other 5 guys in the family went the name) quite hilarious. but i did once hold up my highschool marching band from leaving philly while i was getting a cheesesteak, when in rome, you know,

Fran

Roll off. Now that's something I haven't heard in years young man.

Prof

Edited by gsksun4