Used G brass for sale

TroopersWeb

Hes just stating a opinion.It has nothing to do with his corps.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ed.

It was really more of a display of frustration in not getting a response from anyone about this. I emailed the guy listed as the person in charge of the sale, the corps director and half of the board of directors. I know in my job that if I dont handle a task that was assigned to me and folks start emailing my manager about it that I better have a darn good reason why I am ignoring potential customers and not doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I just find it hard to believe that it takes a month to respond to an email or a phone message concerning the sale of this equipment. If the guy that is supposed to be in charge of the sale doesnt have time to handle it, find someone else in the organization that does. Its that simple.

Thanks Ed.

It was really more of a display of frustration in not getting a response from anyone about this. I emailed the guy listed as the person in charge of the sale, the corps director and half of the board of directors. I know in my job that if I dont handle a task that was assigned to me and folks start emailing my manager about it that I better have a darn good reason why I am ignoring potential customers and not doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I just find it hard to believe that it takes a month to respond to an email or a phone message concerning the sale of this equipment. If the guy that is supposed to be in charge of the sale doesnt have time to handle it, find someone else in the organization that does. Its that simple.

yes but that was an unkind remark about them. it wasn't a nice thing to say. show some respect for the guys who are bringing back Americas Corps...it's got to be an uphill battle already. it's selfish of you to think only of yourself and getting your hands on a used horn. The Troopers are trying to ovecome some major obstacles to make a successful comback. don't forget, it's all about the kids! :P

Edited by regularsopguy

The Troopers are trying to ovecome some major obstacles to make a successful comback. don't forget, it's all about the kids! :P

You are right.....and I didnt say a single bad thing about those kids either. My remarks were aimed at the irresponsible adults running the operation who have so far shown to me that its going to be an uphill battle if they continue to manage the corps the same way they are managing this horn sale. Dont get me wrong, I love the Troopers and I know how important the money from this horn sale could be for them and the fact that it seems to not be running smoothly is bad for them.

You are right.....and I didnt say a single bad thing about those kids either. My remarks were aimed at the irresponsible adults running the operation who have so far shown to me that its going to be an uphill battle if they continue to manage the corps the same way they are managing this horn sale. Dont get me wrong, I love the Troopers and I know how important the money from this horn sale could be for them and the fact that it seems to not be running smoothly is bad for them.

then let's hope that their management understands that its all about the kids :P

I've had similar response times with other corps. Although they were all-age corps, where you'd expect the person handling it to only be able to tackle the task on their off time, aka the weekends. After a number of emails and phone calls, I finally got them on the phone to get a response of "I'm driving and it's snowing, could you pleeeease call back a little later". Not exactly what I expected from first contact.

Anyway the delay allowed me to get the original horn I was after in the first place elsewhere. And allowed me to change my order from one Contra, to one of everything in the other voices, plus some money back. It all works out in the end. But the delay is very frustrating. In my experience, you tend to get a better response if you tell them you can pay for it NOW and pick it up TOMORROW. Especially on large ticket items.

It would have been simpler had they posted an expectations list for prices to start with. Without it, they have 9x's the workload sorting inquiries by response time and bid. Assuming the responsible party is organized enough to do so in the first place. Worst case scenario with such a price list is that you have to lower the prices of the things not sold until they sell later. Although paying too much for a horn when it's coming from a corps is acceptable in my book, since you know the money is going to a corps (at least one would hope).