1992 The Cadets - To Tame the Perilous Skies

ummm....yeah.....about that.....

I think Star '93 MIGHT have something to day about that.

I personally like Cadets 92 better.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simplistic and "cheesy" (though i think it was much more effectively done than any other "patriotic" show ever, especially their incredible ballad) or not, any medium that allowed star of indiana to play that music and sound that #### good for 12 minutes is perfectly fine with me.

i love 1992.

I agree, though Star apparently felt that audience hatred from the 92 show:

Bill Cook: "Jim and the staff wanted to try to make Star more accessible to the public. They were ready to go back into time and perform a book that would hopefully be identifiable. ...For Jim, 1992 was a pivotal year because the show was designed for a broad audience appeal and the result was a hostile crowd. His frustrations led him to the 1993 Medea program because he wanted to give the organization a vehicle where they would be in control of their performance from beginning to end."

So you get 93 because of 92, which means a visceral response to what some would consider unfair criticism can truly make an artist break his or her own boundaries and create something truly new.

I still think 92 is an underappreciated little gem of a show.

Cadets 92 is good, too, but I haven't listened to it in years. The Star show I still listen to occasionally.

Heh, cheesy is not the word that comes to mind when I think of Star 1992. How about...epic? awesome? beautiful? Those work.

THE best 2nd place show of all time.

:wub::wub: :wub: :wub::beer:

Best "Second Place":

Way back in 1976, the Madison Scouts made a mid season change to their program. They changed their ENTIRE SHOW. Yep: Music, drill the works. They went into a "Mid Season Camp" and did the deed. Comming out of "Camp" they regrouped to power their way to a spectacular second place finish at DCI Philadelpia.

The show they did that night was great!!! If they had had another days worth of practice, they probably would have won. To "Us" that program was the " best, second place" show of all time... :wub:

Elphaba

Best "Second Place":

Way back in 1976, the Madison Scouts made a mid season change to their program. They changed their ENTIRE SHOW. Yep: Music, drill the works. They went into a "Mid Season Camp" and did the deed. Comming out of "Camp" they regrouped to power their way to a spectacular second place finish at DCI Philadelpia.

The show they did that night was great!!! If they had had another days worth of practice, they probably would have won. To "Us" that program was the " best, second place" show of all time... :beer:

Elphaba

Who is "Us"?

The Lollipop Guild???

:P

"The "Lollipop Guild":

Not hardly my pretty. ^0^

Elphaba