why is drum corps changing

i wonder because drum corps is basically in a new era...we are on the brink (in my mind) of an era where drum corps will be more telivised and more well known and frankily more profitable....do you think shows are bieng designed by some corps (that dont need mentioning) to be more appealing not for the drum corps fan...but for the non drum corps fan to bring them in?

cause i had a friend watch the 06 shows with me and this person LOVED the cadets show........didnt even get phased by phantom........

go ahead...discuss amongst yourselves

where drum corps will be more telivised and more well known and frankily more profitable

Would love to see it...not holding my breath though. But more profitable? It's a non-profit activity. Perhaps you mean that it will be easier to fund, get sponsorships, etc.

yeah thats what i meant

Corps program to win. To think of an ulterior motive, see Madison Scouts © 1990's. Otherwise forget it. Corps are worried about scores a thousand times more than they are about how something will look on TV.

Yep, because Phantom wasn't popular with the fans this year.

Neither were the Cavaliers.

Or BD

Or Crown

Or the Crossmen

Well I havent shown the 06 shows to anyone, but I have gotten several people hooked with the Phantom Regiment 2003 video, and at least one or two more interested (these are people with no musical background by the way) with the 2000 Cadets show.

I haven't shown the 2006 shows to anyone either, but that'll change once the DVDs come out. I'm most excited about showing people Cavaliers...the ElastiCorps is just genius!

I've shown drum corps to a lot of people (mainly Cadets 2000 and SCV 1989 to get them started) and their jaw-dropping reaction is priceless.

Even with TV telecasts, there's just no substitute for bringing people unfamiliar with the activity to a live show!

Ya gotta get the skin peeled off your face and get a "feel" for the excitement of a live performance!

I really don't know if televising will "win over" those not familiar with drum corps.