*** SUNRISERS LOOKING FOR CONTRAS**

That's right! I'm aiming to improve my section this year in every way possible.

And that just happens to include improving the scenery and sound a bit.

Must be a professional tubist.

Must be proficient in all facets of low brass musicianship.

Must be supermodel quality.

Must be female. <-- For a limited time, we'll even allow contra studs.

Must be hardcore enough to man-handle the Volkswagon.

I already got one. Now I want more. I'm shooting for the largest contra line is Sunriser history. Having a contra-chick (or three) around to keep us sickeningly depraved men in place could only make us better.

Wasn't there a 60+ page thread about contra chicks last season?

How can there be no applicants yet?

You don't have to know it all. That's why it's crossed out. I just want some more folks like the the line we had last year. Dedicated weirdos who want to have a good time enjoying their hobby, which just happens to include toting a small car around on their shoulder while blowing air through the small end.

Dedicated weirdos who want to have a good time enjoying their hobby, which just happens to include toting a small car around on their shoulder while blowing air through the small end.

Gee - you make it sound so great I almost want to give up bassdrum... :laugh: :P

DO IT!

You won't regret it. I never have.

Drummer by birth - CONTRA BY CHOICE!

I think of contra players like I do about ambulance drivers - I'm really glad somebody wants to do it but it won't ever be me. Drummer by birth, choice, genetics and life-long preference!

Good luck with Sun. My memories of them go back to '81 - the Great Wall. WOW!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in 07.

Cheers

Jim

I think of contra players like I do about ambulance drivers - I'm really glad somebody wants to do it but it won't ever be me. Drummer by birth, choice, genetics and life-long preference!

Good luck with Sun. My memories of them go back to '81 - the Great Wall. WOW!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in 07.

Cheers

Jim

ambulance, i don't think so, it's more like the ambulance is strapped to your shoulder, and blowing through the tailpipemakes the siren makes lots of noise

Whatever happened to all those contra hotties?

As an E.O.E. (equal opporunity exploiter) we welcome contra players of all race, color, gender, and hotness. Heck, we'll even take colorguard, percussion, and other sections of the hornline. We're like that, you know.

BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT"S MORE THAN JUST A DRUM CORPS.

Join the 2007 Sunriser Family.