A drummer like no other

I'm a fairly new addition to DCP but not new to drum corps. Yes it's sad i know, 4 years in corps and i'm just now getting involved in DCP. But better late than never. my credentials are below in my signiture. I'm auditioning for Phantom Regiment next month on Bass Drum. If I don't make it i will march with Capital Sound for my 5th year running. I love Capital sound. They have been my home ever since I joined corps.

Austin - glad to have you on board DCP - but I would suggest that you create a "back up" plan if that career in bass drum doesn't work out - recommend a heavy academic load in college that gives you opportunities that you may have never considered before - and best of luck!

No need to worry man. LOL. i'm in college and I have several ideas of what to do in life. All of them involve music and most are attainable. Being a rock star is of course one of them but not quite as attainable as being the owner of a drum store or something else like that.

No need to worry man. LOL. i'm in college and I have several ideas of what to do in life. All of them involve music and most are attainable. Being a rock star is of course one of them but not quite as attainable as being the owner of a drum store or something else like that.

Good man. Best of luck. I went through the rock star thing years ago. I did play proffessionaly for about 4 years then I had to work. My drummer was another Carl Palmer. He now works a 40 hour week too. But give it heck. I hope you make it. :)

Hey man,

Nice to see "a drumma from anotha motha" on DCP.

Being a rock star has a lot to do with being in the right place at the right time. NEVER GIVE UP ON A DREAM. I'm pretty sure Travis Barker DIDN'T know that playing in a rock band would ever be his real job.

Good luck with Phantom. I'm auditioning for the Bushwackers after not really playing for 7 years. All I can do is my best, and see what happens after that. That's all you can do, really. Just relax, listen and learn. You'll do fine.

The most important thing you need to do in this activity is HAVE FUN.

Type to you soon,

Gene

Hey Austin, Welcome aboard!

I was in the Madison Alumni corps this summer and we had sectional rehearsal

at Sennet Middle School quite a few nights while you guys were on the field rehearsing

so we experienced the mosquito attacks together. I was bass #7 - the oldest marching

drum line member with the biggest drum - what was I thinking. I actually volunteered

to play the bass #5 parts and the other (larger) #5 bass player ending up having to

drop out of the drum line so inherited the 32" mofo. I thought the parts would be alot

easier on #5 like they were back when I was in 30 years ago but Chistos Theo (our

arranger) had other ideas. Bass drum has come along way since the mid 70's.

Fred Sanford's SCV bass drum lines definately raised the bar back in the day.

You guys were small in 2006 but very good.

Good luck with Phantom!!

The Scouts have alot of great percussion staff - give 'em a try if Phantom doesn't work out.

Bass drummers rule!

Edited by bass5