Esperanza

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum corps is Corps not marching band if you can't take it don't march dude.

Whimp.

At least spell "wimp" correctly, If you're going to insult some one.

Edited by VKCanosUSMCContra

And now that I have had my chance to stand on the soapbox, I'll probably slip away from these forums and back to my busy life which (sadly) no longer includes any involvement in drum corps, despite the fact that this would have been my age-out summer :(
I'm sure you have a life now that would be hard to put on hold, but you should take a hard look at finding a corps that's still looking for members. As much as you appear to care about the drum corps experience, you owe it to yourself to give yourself a year in a corps that will leave you with undiluted good memories. Try Pioneer... they seem to be the opposite of everything that's been on these pages.

Whimp.

No! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if we are talking about a scholastic marching band or a private drum corps...it doesn't matter. The examples presented by the poster you replied to clearly falls under the banner of child abuse and Alan Cox should be prosecuted for some of the crap he pulled. If you can't see that, then you are an idiot.

Yeah, kind of "rude" to call you an "idiot"...but you called someone else a "whimp" so now you know how it feels.

Oh and by the way, it's spelled "wimp".

Edited by passionatedc

Whimp.

It's one thing to be sworn at by instructional staff when you're out at rehearsal and you're screwing up. I never have and never will complain about that, if I mess up on the field enough to be getting yelled at by instructors, then I deserve it.

It is something ENTIRELY different when you are outside of practice, minding your own business, hyped about the beginning of tour, and the corps director calls you into a room and proceeds to swear at you and insult you for 10-15 minutes. The first is a form of motivational discipline with the purpose of making members better players/marchers/etc. The second is just uncalled-for garbage.

And for those of you encouraging me to march this year, it is a nice thought but it just isn't practical for me at this point. In the last year and a half that I have been out of drum corps I have found myself a job I really love that I don't want to give up and adopted a cat that I would not be willing to hand over to someone else for care for 2 months. In addition, I haven't played my horn since I quit marching and I'm not sure I remember how haha.

Hello all. Please read over our forum guidelines. There's a link to it at the top of every single page you open in these forums. Personal attacks are simply not permitted, nor is flamebait. Responding to personal attacks tends to fan the flames, so please press the report button, and we'll get to it ASAP, I promise. We won't hesitate to close the thread if it goes on.

Thanks

Lance

Hello all. Please read over our forum guidelines. There's a link to it at the top of every single page you open in these forums. Personal attacks are simply not permitted, nor is flamebait. Responding to personal attacks tends to fan the flames, so please press the report button, and we'll get to it ASAP, I promise. We won't hesitate to close the thread if it goes on.

Thanks

Lance

Yeah, I probably went overboard with the "idiot" comment. I apologize. The "whimp" comment...especially in the context of such a valid point regarding how a director treated his members just made me really friggen angry. But that's no excuse. I apologize.

Yeah, I probably went overboard with the "idiot" comment. I apologize. The "whimp" comment...especially in the context of such a valid point regarding how a director treated his members just made me really friggen angry. But that's no excuse. I apologize.

Your boys are safe for now, apology accepted.