That did not go so well.

I had my audition yesterday, and well, it could have gone a bit better.

I got rather nervous and couldn't play all that well...I hope it was good enough to make the SCVC but I'm not so sure... :doh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad,

A lot of corps look more at your attitude and desire than your audition, so show them that you want to be there.

Everyone is nervous for their first audition. I butchered my first one for a top 12 corps. :doh:

If you keep going back and continue to have a good attitude and steadily improve, you will probably have a spot. The important thing is that you have now auditioned and know what to expect next time and will be less nervous and better prepared. Don't let what you think of as a bad audition keep you from going to the next camp-that's just cutting yourself <**> .

Good luck, be sure to let us know how your next camp goes!

my first audition for the corps I'm at now was a complete disaster . . . I really had no business even being there, but it helped me make the corps later.

just do whatever you can to improve.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

We had a kid one time who showed up without a lot of initial talent, but he was both teachable and eager to learn. The instructors LOVED him. Always remember that instructors like to teach, so if they find a candidate with talent but a bad attitude they usually cut them FAST! Keep going back to the camps until you're notified otherwise, and if you do get cut don't sweat it. Stay in touch with the corps and let them know that you're still available to fill a spot should the need arise. You wouldn't believe how many kids got into a corps that way.

Good luck, and hang in there like a bulldog!

I had my audition yesterday, and well, it could have gone a bit better.

I got rather nervous and couldn't play all that well...I hope it was good enough to make the SCVC but I'm not so sure... :doh:

WE are always our own worst critics, aren't we? :doh: Hang in there...

I’m living proof that attitude can go a long way to make up for deficiencies in talent. That said…its true, that a first audition is often a disaster (or at least feels that way), because you generally have no idea what to expect, or what is expected.

All sound advice in these responses.

Nice to see such support for new auditionee.

As they said, hang in there and maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever is needed.

I am sure there is a place out there on the field waiting for you.

Best Wishes ... I am just a member of the old guard.