• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I look at every month:

1-10 = early in the month

11-20 = mid-month

21-30(31) = late in the month

So using this logic you would think they have till Monday the 20th to tell us if there will be a delay!! :)

Well, I know that the individual shows were made available to the corps not too long ago, so I'd guess that the production of the discs started around that time, too. Assuming the packaging was already prepared and completed, I'd think that they'd start shipping in a week or so... but those are just guesses.

I had an email exchange with a DCI rep earlier in the week. When I asked if they'd be out by the 15th (today), he said they didn't have a date that definite yet. When I asked if he thought it likely or unlikely if they'd ship this week, he said he'd have a better idea early next week. :music:

Seriously. That's what he said. Cracked me up!

edited for typo

Edited by johnweldy

I talked to a person who was at the DCI booth at Grand Nationals last weekend, and he told me the same thing, Mid-November.

He said they were at the replecators(sp?) as we speak.

By the way it's looks incredible. They were playing the DVD at the booth. Lucky me, Regiments show was on, so I stood there and watched the whole thing. :music:

How is the visual quality compared to last year?

They had better ship soon, because I got them as a birthday present, and I can't wait until they get here. 2006 seemed to contain the best drum corps shows ever, at least in my opinion.

2006 seemed to contain the best drum corps shows ever, at least in my opinion.

I don't know about the best ever, but I agree that they're the best as a whole in some time. I'm thinking back to 1992 to find a better year.

...ahhh...1992...

it has always amazed me at how long it takes to complete and ship the DVD's - over 3 months and after the next season's auditions have already begun is too late in my opinion...there has to be a way to get these out sooner with the same quality

I would suspect the scheduling time to get creative staff in the studio for commentary might be a big part of that.... either that, or it might be strategic— wait until everyone is at the peak of their drum corps withdrawl. Personally, I've had the shakes for weeks! b**bs