Contra Gal!

ContraEH

But I have mad respect for the contra and euph chicks. I can't even hold a euph at playing position for longer than 10 seconds before my arms turn to jelly.

Two words...weight lifting. Helps a lot :). That, and conducting marching band helps too actually. I picked up a euph after this season as drum major, and it didn't seem heavy at all. Now contra is a different story, there's no way I would be able to carry that sucker around all summer.

To the contra chicks! :angry:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CONTRACUTIE....

Were you the girl in that picture that was on dci.org awhile ago? Like I THINK it was one of those "picture of the day" deals, and I remember a really small girl holding a gigantic contra standing next to a HUGE guy with a tiny contra.. haha I thought that was a great picture.. So was that you?

Two words...weight lifting. Helps a lot :). That, and conducting marching band helps too actually. I picked up a euph after this season as drum major, and it didn't seem heavy at all. Now contra is a different story, there's no way I would be able to carry that sucker around all summer.

ah, so that's the secret. :P

how long have you been marching there, eh, Jocelyn? I remember hearing someone tell me about Bandette's contra chick back in like.. 00..

Ya! That was me! I've been on contra since DCI tour in '98, marching Bandettes still! And all I have to say is.. IT KIKS!

(If only I could get another FEMALE contra cool enough for Bandettes..if you're out there... e-mail me... I know you want to)

keep on keepin' on

JoCeLyNe

WOW. That's a long time! that's awesome girly. When do you age out?

Man, if I could only carry that thing, I'd totally sign up to be the second contra chick at bandettes. It'd rock.

I age out in .. I think it's 6 years.. because I'm 16 now, and I get to age out when I'm 22...cuz my birthday is July 16th.. that soudns about right

Hey CONTRACUTIE....

Were you the girl in that picture that was on dci.org awhile ago? Like I THINK it was one of those "picture of the day" deals, and I remember a really small girl holding a gigantic contra standing next to a HUGE guy with a tiny contra.. haha I thought that was a great picture.. So was that you?

Yeps,

That was me allright. ^0^

Cudos to you CONTRACUTIE!

I have a heck of a time with my size...now..come to bandettes! hehe!

I would march with you.., but I know that I would miss all the guys in the line. That's one of my favorite parts about marching contra......You have to come say hi to me this summer. I suprised that we hadn't talked before....because I marched 'Canos for 2 seasons, and we even showered and housed with you guys a few times.

You're marching colts this year? If so, I'm sure we'll see eachother at least once or twice, so ya, I'll try to find you, if I remember...