Contra Gal!

ContraEH

Well, I'm 5'1'' 125lbs, and marched one of the largest horns in DCI last season, along with another really awesome chic who was about my size.

I believe you are referring to Shaundra, correct? I marched with her in Empire Statesmen for 2 years. She can most DEFINITELY handle contra.

Yeah, I'm tlakin about Shaundra. She was awesome. If I ever get a copy of the pic of the two of us that was taken finals week, with our horns..I'll post it here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw this female comedian on tv the other night. She said she played tuba in high school. Her theory behind choosing tuba:

"If you're not cool enough to be a cheerleader, carry something big enough to knock one on her ###."

:angry:

HAHA! that's awsome! :angry:

Before my freshman year of college, I missed a two week ROTC orientation at my college because I was on tour, and I thought I was going to get my ### handed to me.

When my commanding officer, Lt. Etta Jones, said "Oh, that's fine, I understand!" I was in complete shock. It turned out she marched Contra for Phantom in the late 70's/early 80's (four years, I believe).

What was even more strange was that the Marine Lt. in the office next door marched Bridgemen in the same era...

Wow Bab brass.

This is me confused :angry: ... blink blink..

I was looking at the pic. A compliment.

Guest BadBridgemenContra
What was even more strange was that the Marine Lt. in the office next door marched Bridgemen in the same era...

What was his/her name???

So I saw this female comedian on tv the other night. She said she played tuba in high school. Her theory behind choosing tuba:

"If you're not cool enough to be a cheerleader, carry something big enough to knock one on her ###."

:angry:

Haha...I'm a tuba player, and was a cheerleader/dancer, and a gymnast for sumthin like 12 years. ....If I hadn't started playing tuba, I would probably be marchign guard someplace by now.....

Okay I said something similar to a question like this about drumming...but what the #### does Gender have to do with being able to take large breaths, opening your throat, and buzzing your face into a piece of freakin metal???!!! I am so confused!!!  

Just for fun sake! We all know that girls CAN... it's just awsome to hear about them.. you never really get the chance..