Audition preparedness

I thought it be a good idea , in conjunction to foot guru's guide to have a trheat with everybodys personal auditon tips for a first timer to drum corps. i know im not the only freshie wondering what the hell should i do , bring , what should i expect. share you auditon and first camp exprences. not jsut for me , but for everyother frshie whos sitting around wondering WTF?!?!?! :grouphug:

Edited by Mersinger3

I just tried to have everything in the packet comfortable. I just wanted to have every note and every rhythm. I tried to go into the audition with a very positive attitude. THe main thing I tried to do at the camp was LISTEN to what the instructors were saying. That's the biggest part of the camps for me......just getting knowledge from these instructors, not necessarily the actual audition. During the camp I just tried to get to know a lot of people, since they all have the same sort of interests as me. I tried to show the staff everything I had. Give it your all during the camp. You are going to be tired, probably a little frustrated, among other things. Just push through it and look strong. Remember that the whole weekend is the audition, not just the playing audition in front of the caption head. Anyways, all in all just have fun and enjoy it. Be comfortable and confident. SHow them what you have and give it your all. Hope this helps!

Try to make a good first impression. Know your stuff inside and out, don't do anything stupid (some of you on here know me... no comments from you on this one). I don't know your age or your experience, but imagine that there are going to be lots of older members with more experience than you auditioning. With the amount of work you're putting in right now, are you going to be able to hang with them?

Edit: Also... attitude is everything. You might have killer chops, but if your attitude is crappy and you can't work well with others, nobody is going to take you on board with them.

Edited by Carl306

be ready to go full out, and be ready to take in a lot of information, and just be ready to roll with whatever might be thrown at you. things can change at the drop of a hat on tour, might as well be ready for anything to happen during camp. just roll with it, keep calm and confident. try and meet as many people as you can, it might be hard remembering names, but at least youll have some familiar faces come next camp.

oh.. and painkillers are good too.

Edited by alarson83