Famous DCI ageouts

18 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Didn't Cliff Clavin march drum corps? He's in the World HOF. 

That's a little known fact, by the way. 

Yes. Cliff Claven was the name of the mailman in the TV sitcom show " Cheers " that had its show locale a pub in Boston. His real name is John Ratzenberger. He marched with the Royal Lancers Corps from Connecticut in his youth . He was a bass drummer.

Can't believe I'm responding to a thread that has been around longer than I've been on DCP. 

Who the heck are these people? 

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Madonna was in Bridgemen.  😎

And Debbie Harry did vocals for Colts. No, wait!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Can't believe I'm responding to a thread that has been around longer than I've been on DCP. 

Who the heck are these people? 

They are your past and present. Queue in the Twilight Zone music.

• Haha 1

I think it is crazy to see some of the users that are still very active today were on this forum that long ago...tells me a lot about just how tight knit this community really is however much people argue and whatnot here. Pretty much just like a batch of siblings too close in age if you ask me 😆

Though I wonder what made Terry decide to dig that far back to find this thread, because that would have taken hours worth of sifting. Dedicated, that's for sure. 

• Like 2

Bob Barker marched in Boys of 76.  Its true.  I heard it on the parking lot out by the busses.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Is there a record for resurrected posts?  If so, 17 years should be hard to beat. 

Actually its not all that difficult " to beat" ( if one is so inclined to want to know such trivial things ). For example, scroll  over to the DCP Historical page here on DCP, and a few weeks ago a thread topic from 2005 was resurrected for discussion by a poster. I'm sure theres probably a few others older than 2007 that have been brought back for one reason or another as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Bob Barker marched in Boys of 76.  Its true.  I heard it on the parking lot out by the busses.

It was likely the bus fumes inhalation that gave rise to this myth. Cant get too close to those busses when they started up in those old clunkers.😏

• Like 1