1994 All Star Drum Corps Macy's Parade Video Link

Thanks for posting the clip. I remember seeing this plus a promo on the Today show for the "All-Star Drum and Bugle Corps" a day before the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. Katie Couric's jaw dropped when she heard them play.

I love the brass sound. It reminds me of why I got hooked on drumcorps so many years ago. Would love to see more efforts like this. Maybe DCA would like to take a shot at organizing a repeat performance.

Anyway to save what you see on YouTube to your home PC? Never used it before and really want to save this to show my wife.

And so I can play "Name the Corps" by the uniforms. :)

Anyway to save what you see on YouTube to your home PC? Never used it before and really want to save this to show my wife.

If you use Firefox then you can use the Extension to download videos from youtube and other video sites.VideoDownloader

This was in the fall of 1994......after the DCI 1994 season. There were members from BD and SCV in the corps. I remember feeling bad for one girl who was from BD's color guard.....she had never experienced "Really COLD" temps before. Some of the horn players in BD stood together the night before the parade at rehersal playing through some of their warmups....it was pretty cool 'and' funny.

Triple Forte

I would have loved to see that, especially "space chords." :lol:

And so I can play "Name the Corps" by the uniforms. :)

i just save the link in my "favorites".

i also played the "Name the Corps" game by uniform but was then struck by how many of those corps have folded in the 12 years since. :(

If I'm not mistaken, the honor guard coming through the center is the New York Skyliners (appropriately). When the sop soloists come up, there is a member from the Reading Buccaneers. His name is Mark Eckert. It's the white uniform with the blue/purple lame sash. Reading had at least three horn members attend, could have been more, but I remember 3 for sure. My husband also spotted a venture's uniform. There's a Skyliner in the snare line too.

Totally cool!

If you use Firefox then you can use the Extension to download videos from youtube and other video sites.VideoDownloader

Thanks, getting new PC end of the year with more horsepower (finally :lol: ). Will check out Firefox after we hook it up.

Definitely Sky or Sky Alumni as the Honor Guard. They even have the flag with the big 'S' on the right side of the guard. I remember Sky using this in the color guard in the 70s.

Was that Venture the sop player in the skirt? Don't think I even saw their unis.

Also supposed to be a Jolly Jester (late 50s/early 60s Sr corps) in there somewhere wearing a clown outfit. Anyone pick him out?

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Jim.....that Jolly Jester was Joe 'Radar' Watson. He was an original Jester.........still active with GAS and he and his wife Ann sing with D-CAT chorus.

Jimbalaya

Thanks, getting new PC end of the year with more horsepower (finally :lol: ). Will check out Firefox after we hook it up.

Definitely Sky or Sky Alumni as the Honor Guard. They even have the flag with the big 'S' on the right side of the guard. I remember Sky using this in the color guard in the 70s.

Was that Venture the sop player in the skirt? Don't think I even saw their unis.

Also supposed to be a Jolly Jester (late 50s/early 60s Sr corps) in there somewhere wearing a clown outfit. Anyone pick him out?

Sky's Alumni Corps did not exist then ~ it was the Skyliner's competitive corps' honor guard.

there's a CT Hurricane in the snare line as well, Mike Gagnon, holding his own with the junior corps members. :)

I believe this is the 1991 DCM all star corps (with DCA and DCEast representation as well) which I believe was the only enmasse corps to perform at macy's. You can tell it isn't 1994 simply by the bluecoats horn player at the end who is wearing the powder blue uniform that the corps wore from 1989-1991. In 1994 the Bluecoats had the all dark blue uniform with the multi colored blue sash.

Edited by bluecoats88