1994 All Star Drum Corps Macy's Parade Video Link

ahhhhhhhh Kevin, my illigitimate son......I learned ya well :huh:

Jimbalaya

OK...so, in my possession I have sitting on my desk the entire 1994 video that was produced for the members of the 1994 all-star drum & bugle corps for that years Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. The video is like an hour long which takes the viewer through the rehearsal process, the performances at the Today Show w/ Katie & of course the show during the parade.....it also has interviews with Larry H & Tony D as well as some marching members......if anyone has the 1991 all-star corps on video (little old new york year) then perhaps we can make copies for each other?? thanks in advance...oh, by the way.....BRING THIS EVENT BACK!!!! & IF THEY DECIDE TO DO IT...PLEASE DON'T DO IT "BANDO" STYLE!!!!!!!!!

• 5 years later...

The 1994 Macy's All Star Drum Corps was a lot of fun! I represented the Westchester Brassmen Drum and Bugle Corps from Harrison, NY where I now serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Assistant Brass Instructor. It was truly an honor for me to march in that parade and represent the Brassmen. I even got a 5 second TV shot so, that was great. It was an experience I will never forget. It was the first and last time I ever played with a horn line of 250!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The 1994 Macy's All Star Drum Corps was a lot of fun! I represented the Westchester Brassmen Drum and Bugle Corps from Harrison, NY where I now serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Assistant Brass Instructor. It was truly an honor for me to march in that parade and represent the Brassmen. I even got a 5 second TV shot so, that was great. It was an experience I will never forget. It was the first and last time I ever played with a horn line of 250!!!!!!!

You dug this up, and now I'm sad I cannot see the video anymore.

And for Jim Cossetti and others, the 1991 "Macy's All Star Drum and Bugle Corps" performance is still up on youtube.

A few comments include the "Master" Hy Dreitzer and 'what a salute to the New York Skyliners.

Little Old New York and Auld Lang Syne I saw it back then and just watched it a few minutes ago and still had the same reaction WOW

Ray

A few comments include the "Master" Hy Dreitzer and 'what a salute to the New York Skyliners.

What a tribute to Hy, having his music actually played on Broadway ! No, not in a Broadway theater, but on the actual Great White Way.

And what a hoot watching Russo, of all people, conduct Skyliner music !!!

Edited by HornsUp

Oops, here it is again for anyone that missed it.

Thank you.

Yes that was Sky's field corps Honor Guard.

The alumni corps was around, but had no participants at that time, due to time/work restraints.

Another great performance by some very talented folks, both juniors and seniors.

Thanks again.

Ray

What a great time to watch that video.

I appreciate today's drum corps, but I sure miss the days of Big, Loud, and Live.

I'd sure love to see an All Star corps with today's kids, writers, and equipment. I'm sure it would be a technical blast to see, even if not as purely entertaining. Or maybe just entertaining in a different kind of way.

Still, I sure enjoyed that.