1994 All Star Drum Corps Macy's Parade Video Link

DEFINITELY 94. My wife marched in '91 and I'm very familiar with that broadcast. Plus, I know a few people in that corps in 94. I thought it was odd that Bluecoats had the old powder blue unis, and I thought that they had switched before that broadcast.

if i'm not mistaken the old 91 bluecoats uniforms were sold to erie regiment so 94 parade was erie members

if i'm not mistaken the old 91 bluecoats uniforms were sold to erie regiment so 94 parade was erie members

not to sure about that,............I know Regiment purchased uniforms from Spirit about that time,...............plus, the only folks I am aware of coming from Erie that year were 8 members of the Thunderbirds,.............

not to sure about that,............I know Regiment purchased uniforms from Spirit about that time,...............plus, the only folks I am aware of coming from Erie that year were 8 members of the Thunderbirds,.............

:)

That is resume material for some. Boy I could tell some stories about that week. "What a difference a day makes"...LOL

Look at that snare line...talk about some talented dudes. Many went on to become DCA and DCI caption heads and arrangers.

Donny Allen

Music Director and Brass Arranger

1994 Macy's All Stars

That is resume material for some. Boy I could tell some stories about that week. "What a difference a day makes"...LOL

Look at that snare line...talk about some talented dudes. Many went on to become DCA and DCI caption heads and arrangers.

Donny Allen

Music Director and Brass Arranger

1994 Macy's All Stars

Joe Salorino went on to pick up chicks,............

So did a lot of other guys in that line. Dan DeLong, Kevin Murphy, Nick Angelis, Rudy Gowern, et al...

My high school was at Macy's that year and we were warming up on the sidewalk as the next group in front of the All-Stars. Needless to say, as soon as I heard them, I knew what was up and went to watch them warm-up. I tried to be a part of it in 1995, but it wasn't done the same or so my corps director told me at the time. Sure wish I could've been a part of it.

• 8 years later...
On 11/26/2006 at 2:15 AM, ApathyJones said:

BD and SCV were there...James Gulke was one of the Drum Majors as a matter of fact. Man, we had some good times 🙂 He was a crazy ########.

Also, Carolina Crown was there as well. They were Div 2 or 3 at the time ( I think 2) and their uniforms were quite different. You can see one at 1:09 playing a sop on the left side of the screen in the white and purple and blue and such. Man, those were some "interesting" uniforms 🙂

Crown sent 5 members: 1 guard, 1 Euphonium, 2 Altos (though one was our Soprano section leader), and a lead sop (me...the soprano seen on screen).

We had just finished our first year of open class, finishing 17th. We held every position throughout the day of Semis that year, lol.

That week was such a blast, meeting other corps people from all over the country...I loved it. Every year I always think I’m going to digitize my video and put up the video of us on the steps of the post office after the parade. It wasn’t the most tasteful thing, but I can be heard over however many hundred brass players we had, so I love it. And my apologies to Eric, the sop from BD, because I was octaving everything possible right at the back of his head. You can also see him stop playing and turn around on the steps of the post office.  🙂

hHappy Thanksgiving to all!

Edited by Nespy
added ‘94 class info.