1994 All Star Drum Corps Macy's Parade Video Link

well then how come the Bluecoats are wearing their 1991 uniform instead of the 1994 uniform?

I believe this is the 1991 DCM all star corps (with DCA and DCEast representation as well) which I believe was the only enmasse corps to perform at macy's. You can tell it isn't 1994 simply by the bluecoats horn player at the end who is wearing the powder blue uniform that the corps wore from 1989-1991. In 1994 the Bluecoats had the all dark blue uniform with the multi colored blue sash.

DEFINITELY 94. My wife marched in '91 and I'm very familiar with that broadcast. Plus, I know a few people in that corps in 94. I thought it was odd that Bluecoats had the old powder blue unis, and I thought that they had switched before that broadcast.

I have three words:

BRING IT BACK!

well then how come the Bluecoats are wearing their 1991 uniform instead of the 1994 uniform?

can't answer you that but i guarantee you that was the 1994 edition of the parade. :)

Was that guy slamming tam-tams together. Those cymbals were HUGE!

Al used 36" custom made cymbals.

OK...so, in my possession I have sitting on my desk the entire 1994 video that was produced for the members of the 1994 all-star drum & bugle corps for that years Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. The video is like an hour long which takes the viewer through the rehearsal process, the performances at the Today Show w/ Katie & of course the show during the parade.....it also has interviews with Larry H & Tony D as well as some marching members......if anyone has the 1991 all-star corps on video (little old new york year) then perhaps we can make copies for each other?? thanks in advance...oh, by the way.....BRING THIS EVENT BACK!!!! & IF THEY DECIDE TO DO IT...PLEASE DON'T DO IT "BANDO" STYLE!!!!!!!!!

the only thing I can think of is that in 1994 it wasn't the DCM all stars but the East all stars and those kids in the bluecoats Powder Blue Uniforms are not actually bluecoats but are from a corps that bought the old unis from the bluecoats. either that or that person is a Bluecoats Alumnus who bought his uniform and wore that instead of his senior corps uni to march the parade.