Scouts camp

acn

So..as of now...we have no turnout numbers from the Texas camp? Has anyone posted any that I missed?

It sounds like accurate numbers are here from the Madison camp...at least hornline numbers.

And two other things...this was not a guard camp, correct?

Finally, From what was quoted at the end of camp, Madison no longer sets there entire corps like the did in the Stewart era. This is almost exactly what Matt did with Capital Sound when he was there, except group 3s were still invited back, just given a tougher road to hoe as many of them were either switching an instrument (sax to baritone for instance) or had no previous marching experience. That makes more sense for Cap. Sound as it was more developmental in nature being a Div. II/III corps.

Good luck Madison and as I said before, if you missed the November camp and still want to march, contact Madison. I'm confident they will take a look at you...however be prepared to work hard.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to that...the available talent pool for Madison will be aproximately 1/2 of the other corps....except for Cavies...for one reason.

No women allowed.... :worthy:

Also remember that Madison is different than any of the other corps in that it has retained more of the fraternal feel; and that they can still recruit more from a personal contact rather than cattle-calls as in most corps. So there is more inside knowledge of the recruits abilities before the camps. (I know...I had a chance to age-out with Madison many moons ago, but had to bypass it due to other personal demands in my life...what was I thinking :worthy:

Also...to the posters who were (allegedly) at both camps...HOW did you do that? And why???

(it is not a two-hr drive as in from Lacrosse to Madison... :worthy: )

Interesting assertions. Co-ed corps do not have an equal number of male and female members - males outnumber females substantially - at least in my experience.

Also, all corps also recruit by word of mouth...through their staff, alumni, etc. Referencing the 'fraternal feel' can be a tad insulting and misleading. Gentlemen, brotherhood - this is a class kind of thing (or should be).

MYNWA

Also remember that Madison is different than any of the other corps in that it has retained more of the fraternal feel; and that they can still recruit more from a personal contact rather than cattle-calls as in most corps.

I wasn't aware Madison had a monopoly on brotherhood.

Keep in mind, a lot of college students (cough cough me) still have to play at football games and can't attend November camps.

*EDITED*

original statement didn't really matter, as there will still be an increase in the scouts' camp attendance :)

Edited by siLk

I am going to wait to believe any numbers as fact until the organization releases them.

good call, todd. ^OO^

Better yet, wait 'til the season actually STARTS and then see what's what...

All this crap about what it all means NOW is CRAP. I remember being at a camp where we had five snare drummers, two tenor drummers, two bass

and a cymbal player once. That corps made finals that year... and had a pretty good season.

Geno my friend, we think too much alike.

But really? a corp made finals with that small of a turn out at camp...but i've learned that's impossible from the wise ones on DCP...say it isn't soooooooo! I am sorry, just being a brat.

Finally, From what was quoted at the end of camp, Madison no longer sets there entire corps like the did in the Stewart era. This is almost exactly what Matt did with Capital Sound when he was there, except group 3s were still invited back, just given a tougher road to hoe as many of them were either switching an instrument (sax to baritone for instance) or had no previous marching experience. That makes more sense for Cap. Sound as it was more developmental in nature being a Div. II/III corps.

This number system is exactly what the Bluecoats use, at least last year.