Scouts camp

acn

Oh, and the Scouts are moving back to Madison-check the website!

I don't think Madison will officially release camp turnout numbers. They are not required or obligated to do so. But, they want the world to know they are driving a rental truck 6 mies west. It's a tough trip getting under I-90/94.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me that people were concerned about what they were hearing out of Madison land. If there's no issue, there's no issue. Good luck Madison.

Well, I guess people hear what they want to hear, don't they? But I'll give you that, Duder...good point. But there is no issue. Anyone can put a twist on even the most

positive bit of news and have it spin into controversy or make it a negative just by how they word it.

Having PERSONALLY sat with Jeff Spanos for two hours at the MSARP banquet and felt his very excited vibe... heard from a friend who attended try outs in Madison...

spoken to board members... AND read the forums on the Madison website from veterans who are taking care of business instead of crying or worrying needlessly about

things that haven't even happened yet... all the things I hear are all GOOD things. What's happened has happened... everyone is moving forward. There will be a lot of

shuffling around over the next three months or so in almost all corps, and it's been that way since I was in in the '70's and 80's.

It's time to let the marching members do their thing and let them have the last word. It's THEIR corps right now, and I'm sure not a single one of them wants to let their

fans down... and they will be happy welcome in any potential qualified candidates for available positions until they are full.

Then the work begins... end of story.

I don't think Madison will officially release camp turnout numbers. They are not required or obligated to do so. But, they want the world to know they are driving a rental truck 6 mies west. It's a tough trip getting under I-90/94.

Tom, I hope you are just having fun pointing out silly things... :worthy:

If you want to say SOMETHING ... just say it. You've (in essence) said in the same posts: I hope for the best from Madison...BUT they sure are having trouble, aren't they?

SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT?? What do you want the drum corps world to know from your perspective?

Love your posts 98% of the time... but I just don't follow you in this thread... maybe I'm reading into them all wrong.

I didn't read any try out attendance numbers on the Blue Devils or SCV websites, either... but I did read that BD is assembling an alumni group! YAY!

Are you volunteering to help with the move?

I didn't read any try out attendance numbers on the Blue Devils or SCV websites, either... but I did read that BD is assembling an alumni group! YAY!

From dci.org today. Just saying.

Submitted by Blue Devils' brass caption head John M. Meehan:

Blue Devils have already held three of their five brass auditions for the 2007 season. With a southern California and second Concord, Calif., audition remaining before Christmas, more than 125 hopeful members have already presented their musical and visual talents for Blue Devils brass staff in Indianapolis, Dallas and Concord

Blue Devils have already held three of their five brass auditions for the 2007 season. With a southern California and second Concord, Calif., audition remaining before Christmas, more than 125 hopeful members have already presented their musical and visual talents for Blue Devils brass staff in Indianapolis, Dallas and Concord

heh.

OK... well... I just went to Phantom, Cavaliers AND Bluecoats WEBSITES ... (not dci.org) and none of them give audition turn out numbers...

But I'm just sayin'....

and by the way... ONLY 125 hopefuls turned out? WELL YOU KNOW... Crossmen had over 400 show up.

Gosh... Blue Devils must be having trouble...

Tom, I hope you are just having fun pointing out silly things... :worthy:

If you want to say SOMETHING ... just say it. You've (in essence) said in the same posts: I hope for the best from Madison...BUT they sure are having trouble, aren't they?

SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT?? What do you want the drum corps world to know from your perspective?

Love your posts 98% of the time... but I just don't follow you in this thread... maybe I'm reading into them all wrong.

I'm glad you asked. Here's my point. It's called marketing. And in Marketing the best way to deal with news (special emphasis here) [/b]that may be interpreted as bad[/b] is to say nothing...let it pass...slide by. Madison has said nothing official, yet other groups have. Because in the drum corps arena...high turnouts at audition camps are typically interpreted here as a positive sign. People of a marching age are happy with where your program is going because they spend the time, energy and effort to make it to your audition.

When the numbers are lower than expected, again, you don't emphasize that with any announcement.

So, when their website announces their moving the headquarters, it just smacked me as kind of funny. Because it's not earth shaking...they are moving from Sun Prairie to Madison. Unless they woke up yesterday and decided to move, this was most likely planned months ago. So, this could have been announced in advance of the move. If the move was going to effect phones, etc., then pertinent cell phones or other communications would be set up. Mail is forwarded, so I don't see this as earth shaking needed to be announced news. Unless, they are sking for help in moving. BTW, if they will pay for my flight from Phoenix, I'd love to help those guys move.

I agree, I'm most likely making too much of this announcement. Just took it kind of funny.

and by the way... ONLY 125 hopefuls turned out? WELL YOU KNOW... Crossmen had over 400 show up.

Gosh... Blue Devils must be having trouble...

125 brass with a few more auditions left is impressive. If it were 125 total for all the spots, that would be a proble. As you said before GG, they march 135! I guess BD would be a bit short this season if that's all who came to march.