Reviews of the 2006 DVD's

This is a topic for Reviews of the DVD's ... Maybe for coprs members that havent seen the shows til now. Maybe some new reviews from people that saw finals but looked different on the DVD's.

Mine:

Disc Three:

Spirit: Very entertaining show. Liked this one a lot. Can definetly see why they were so far ahead from colts. For the most part very clean drill. I remembering hearing the title in the winter seasons and saying this wont go anywhere ... very good.

Glassmen: Although pretty gawdy I liked thegaurd unis. Beautiful tuba solo in the ballad. Not bad on the classical music scene. The song though after the ballad not really that cool ... didnt get into it. Staging and things like that. Over all definetlyplaced where they should have been.

Boston: Eh ... I haventreally liked Boston since 2000's Bolero. I do however remember seeing a BOA show quitelike this one in 2005. Its not really as entertaining as Boston usually is. This was the only show I actually fast forwarded. Just didnt get into it. Not bad drill pretty cool. Gaurd was good. Thats all I got.

Madison: There were definetley a lot of drill issues and phasing. I mean really cool drill and really intense but a little on the dirty side. Cool music ... really enjoyed the opening gaurd blanket things.

Crown: It was tough to see the differences between this corps and BK. Crown seemed to have a really clean show. But it maybe seemed easy to me ... I am sure it was hard to march or play but it seemed like they could have had more. I would state the obvious that they have a great hornline ... becasue they really do. I am a brass player myself but I really dont see how their percussion is holding them down THAT much ... it seemed alright to me ... but obviously not to the judges. Beautiful gaurd. Clean Drill. Good ballad. Neat drillmoves.

Blue Knights: This corps got a lot of crap this season especially after beating crown on finals and being booed. But this is a good show and what seems to be a harder horn book than crown or any previous hornline so far. Really intricate show ... Ifyou havent heard the original ofbarberspiano concerto op. 38 you need to get a hold of acopy its an amazing peice and Bk sticks really close to the original without corpstizing it. Beautiful hornline movement throughout. Good gaurd and coollooking flags. Good show and entertaining .. dosent deserve all the crap it gets from people on dcp. Nicehorn book. Best BK show Ive seen since 2000.

alright havent watched the other discs yet but ... will have a review soon yall!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get mine, I'll be glad to let you know what I think. But about the BK being booed........... was that at finals?!?! And oh my gosh!!! Why in the heck were they booed?! Their show was AWESOME!

Edited by cmathis

When I get mine, I'll be glad to let you know what I think. But about the BK being booed........... was that at finals?!?! And oh my gosh!!! Why in the heck were they booed?! Their show was AWESOME!

The crowd was booing the judges for Crowns placement not booing BK! I guess you haven't read too many posts on DCP if you hadn't heard about what happened at finals. The crowd booed and then gave Crown a standing ovation for a great show!!!

That meant more to the Crown members than any score they could have received....

The crowd was booing the judges for Crowns placement not booing BK! I guess you haven't read too many posts on DCP if you hadn't heard about what happened at finals. The crowd booed and then gave Crown a standing ovation for a great show!!!

That meant more to the Crown members than any score they could have received....

I thought the joke was that they always yell "Bloooooo." Not booing, blooing.

Is it me or does to video of the semifinalists corps (13 - 17) look blurry to anyone? Comparing them to the same corps on the disc (18 - 23) it just looks weird. I can't even read the drum company logos on the bass drums and the banners in the background are almost unreadable at times. When the camera shows a percussion feature the stick heights are just as blurry. Popped in the Top 12 and didn't see any problems there. It's more noticible on the computer than watching it on a television as I wanted to see if it was just my system.

I thought the joke was that they always yell "Bloooooo." Not booing, blooing.

I'm pretty sure that's Bluecoats they "bloo" for, and not Blue Knights, anyway.

edited to make it seem like I can make a coherent sentence, ever.

Edited by mello_laurel

how is the audio quality? i'm hoping it's better than the top 6 cd recordings.

My thoughts are pretty much in line with my thoughts when I saw them live. I went to like....15 shows last summer.....so watching the DVD just reinforced what I already knew.

Liked: Cavaliers, Phantom, Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, Glassmen :silly:

No opinion one way or the other: Bluecoats, SCV, BK, Spirit :sshh:

Disliked: Cadets, Madison, Boston <**>