Reviews of the 2006 DVD's

Scv

Cool show nice drill ideas. Great brassline.

Uhhh.... I really hope you're saying that because you march in SCV's hornline, because otherwise you just lost all credibility with me.

Edited by TSRTS13

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars

Thought it should win the lamest show award ever. Come on seriously lets have another america themed show. Boring .... the only show I fast forwarded.

Care to explain why?

Boston

Hahaha also a very good marching band.

WTF? Again, care to explain?

Carolina Crown

Easy show.

You're joking, right?

Scv

Great brassline.

I love SCV, but no. Not even. It was good, but quite dirty, and the book wasn't even nearly as hard as normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Crowns drill was anything but easy!!! I dont think you watched the entire show. If you have marched drum corps before you would realize that is not the case!!!

So I just got my DVDs today. I'll comment on what I've seen so far.

Cavies - Great show to look at, boring musically.

Phantom - The resolution at the end of Ave Maria was awesome... didn't really care for the rest of the show though. Scythian Suite bored me.

BD - Love the Godfather music. Their brassline wasn't as good as it's been in past years, though.

Bluecoats - The ending kind of left me flat, but the rest of the show was awesome.

Cadets - It entertained me. Some parts were overdone (Alice/Dani mirroring each other at the end, the characters in the tea party), but overall I enjoyed the show.

SCV - Hornline struggled with feet in the sound occasionally, but had some good moments as well (Chord at 3:12). Liked the jazz movement, and thought they used their theme the best of any corps in '06.

Crown - They need to fix their feet. That said, hell of a show, and the wall of sound from the hornline was awesome. They were one corps I loved listening to live, and that definitely came through on the DVDs.

Madison - Alright. Drill was #### hard, but they haven't had that Madison fire (IMHO) since '03.

Boston - I kind of feel like they overdo the whole body movement thing sometimes, but I really liked the show. Hornline had some good moments.

Good God, Champions Fanfare was a mess. But kind of entertaining to listen to.

Edited by TSRTS13

re: the reviewer with the one sentence reactions -

That was your "gut" review. Watch the DVD about a dozen times and re-write and re-post your review. To dismiss the efforts of 200 or so people's year-long effort with a line like, "Thought it should win the lamest show ever award" is immature and shows little real thought. Curious if you've ever marched or designed a DCI show, regardless of division or placement.

I had my DVD for a while now, I like watch it when ever I can. Here's my review

JSU - Didn't really care for there show, but there music was awesome. Loved the mallets

Glassmen - There were parts of the show that were awesome, but then there were other when I was like is it over yet. Overall, it was a so-so show.

Boston - There show was different, in a good way. I didn't really get into there show that much.

Madison - Music and guard were awesome, but there is more than that. Marching was off, looked like they needed to work on it more.

Crown - Hornline was awesome, but there percussion was off. I don't know why there percussion brings them down so much.

Blue Knights - Loved there music, it's all dark and mad a really cool effect to the whole show. Liked the show.

SCV - I know people are gona say stuff, but I didn't like there show this year. I just didn'y get into it.

Cadets - For being part 2it was really good, but if you didn't see part 1 you were like, what the heck are they doing. Loved the percussion break and the stick toss. Could of done with out the singing, but it did make a cool effect. Can't duplicate the sound of the human voice.

Bluecoats - This show was so-so. Music was good, but there marching at times was off. Guard was off at times to, but overall good show.

Blue Devils - This was ALL Blue Devils. Loved the show and music, but thats what place they should of gotten.

Phantom - :angry: OMG, I loved this show. I don't care what other people think they should have won. Loved everything.

Cavies - There show was amazing, there drill was awesome and guard was too. They just barely squeaked by Phantom. GOOD JOB CAVIES!

Edited by whsband08

• 1 month later...

Nobody was booing the Blue Knights. They booed the score and then gave a standing ovation in order to try and cheer up Crown. We did the same thing for SCV because alot of us that were there really felt that they should have slipped past the Cadets.