Early 2007 Predictions

not even going to list this but for a fact scouts will be 8th or better and SCV will do 4th or better.

*tucks away for future use*

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For shins and grits, here's mine... as painful as it is to try to guess at where these corps will end up... so much amazing talent, so many unpredictable productions.. the only comfortable prediction I have is that it will be the strongest semifinals field in years... even moreso than last year.

With that said, I present my speculative gut reactions to how the season could maybe play out:

1. Blue Devils (Talent's never an issue, but this year the show really works)

2. Phantom (It's Phantom.... they take second... it's just what they do... and really, really well... a contender all year)

~~~

3. Cavaliers (Europe trip, Billy Joel show slightly misses the mark, strong showing nonetheless)

4. Bluecoats (Another strong showing, just not quite enough to hop on the podium... momentum keeps them from falling back into the pack)

5. Cadets (Programming misses the mark, but for entirely different reasons than last season... still very talented)

6. Santa Clara (Pick up where the left off... too bad the top five are just as impressive... pleases the crowd)

~~~

7. Blue Knights (Maybe a homer pick, but the corps' talent remains quite intact, drill gets a touch cleaner, and the Shostakovich production become a surprise fan favorite.. BK cements their place as the "evil" kids on the block)

8. Crown (Primed for that jump into the upper teir along with BK, Crown just doesn't quite have enough to overtake the "big dogs"... just yet, anyway)

9. Crusaders (BAC returns to their style of 99-05, and presents another strong showing.. maybe the highest 9th place score to date?)

~~~

10 Glassmen (Another nice, good show... just not enough oomph to push higher)

11. Spirit (Improved talent, but show design isn't quite sophisticated enough to place higher)

12. Colts (Enough knocking on the door already... a nice, clean, albeit safe, show makes it happen)

13. Madison (Negative organizational momentum and a new staff might mean a step backwards to make future steps forward a possibility)

~~~

14. Blue Stars (2007 will improve upon last year, even if the placement doesn't)

15. Crossman (New location and a young membership aren't enough for an imediate finals return, but light is on the horizon)

16. Academy (The hype aside, AZ makes a strong showing, sets themselves up for a big push in future years)

~~~

17. Southwind (After narrowly missing semis last year, a renewed design effort makes it happen)

18. Cascades (New staff and design help, push the Northwest representitive a touch higher)

19. Troopers (A nice resurection puts them in a respectable position to stage a semifinals run in 2008)

20. Mandarins (Despite those cool orange unis and a good show, the Mandos won't have what it takes to stave off the three groups in front of them)

~~~

21. Pacific Crest (Barely will hold off a resurgant Pioneer to maintain 2006's placement)

22. Pioneer (An improved showing will help them stay out of the cellar.. expect a lot of "Nice show" comments)

23. Esperanza (Despite finishing up the coast from San Diego, lack of tour momentum and a young membership will prohibit them from a higher placement)

Again, these aren't a slight to anyone marching or the corps themselves... just my guesses. Nobody knows how things will really shake out.

It's extremely interesting to me the vast difference of opinion on this thread. One thing is for certain, a lot of people will be proven wrong, and a very few will be proven right.

It's extremely interesting to me the vast difference of opinion on this thread. One thing is for certain, a lot of people will be proven wrong, and a very few will be proven right.

I predict.... Someone will will the championship. At this point it is really pointless to make predictions many many people WILL be proven wrong.

Btw I also predict that the cavaliers will do a billy joel show. You heard it here first..... :P

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Cavaliers

3. Blue Devils

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cadets

6. Carolina Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Glassmen

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

13. Spirit from JSU

14. Troopers

15. Blue Stars

16. Colts

17. Academy

18. Southwind

19. Mandarins

20. Pacific Crest

21. Cascades

22. Esperanza

23. Pioneer

24. Kiwanis Kavaliers

15: Spirit of JSU (shouldn't have been last year)

You know, you're more than welcome to your opinion, but a comment like this is totally uncalled for. Why can't you give the kids the credit they earned. Spirit didn't squeak into finals, they were solidly in finals, more than 2 points ahead of the 13th place corps in semifinals. Not only that, but NONE of the corps behind them beat them at ANY time during the season. That many judges couldn't have been that wrong.

Jeeez.

For shins and grits, here's mine... as painful as it is to try to guess at where these corps will end up... so much amazing talent, so many unpredictable productions.. the only comfortable prediction I have is that it will be the strongest semifinals field in years... even moreso than last year.

With that said, I present my speculative gut reactions to how the season could maybe play out:

1. Blue Devils (Talent's never an issue, but this year the show really works)

2. Phantom (It's Phantom.... they take second... it's just what they do... and really, really well... a contender all year)

~~~

3. Cavaliers (Europe trip, Billy Joel show slightly misses the mark, strong showing nonetheless)

4. Bluecoats (Another strong showing, just not quite enough to hop on the podium... momentum keeps them from falling back into the pack)

5. Cadets (Programming misses the mark, but for entirely different reasons than last season... still very talented)

6. Santa Clara (Pick up where the left off... too bad the top five are just as impressive... pleases the crowd)

~~~

7. Blue Knights (Maybe a homer pick, but the corps' talent remains quite intact, drill gets a touch cleaner, and the Shostakovich production become a surprise fan favorite.. BK cements their place as the "evil" kids on the block)

8. Crown (Primed for that jump into the upper teir along with BK, Crown just doesn't quite have enough to overtake the "big dogs"... just yet, anyway)

9. Crusaders (BAC returns to their style of 99-05, and presents another strong showing.. maybe the highest 9th place score to date?)

~~~

10 Glassmen (Another nice, good show... just not enough oomph to push higher)

11. Spirit (Improved talent, but show design isn't quite sophisticated enough to place higher)

12. Colts (Enough knocking on the door already... a nice, clean, albeit safe, show makes it happen)

13. Madison (Negative organizational momentum and a new staff might mean a step backwards to make future steps forward a possibility)

~~~

14. Blue Stars (2007 will improve upon last year, even if the placement doesn't)

15. Crossman (New location and a young membership aren't enough for an imediate finals return, but light is on the horizon)

16. Academy (The hype aside, AZ makes a strong showing, sets themselves up for a big push in future years)

~~~

17. Southwind (After narrowly missing semis last year, a renewed design effort makes it happen)

18. Cascades (New staff and design help, push the Northwest representitive a touch higher)

19. Troopers (A nice resurection puts them in a respectable position to stage a semifinals run in 2008)

20. Mandarins (Despite those cool orange unis and a good show, the Mandos won't have what it takes to stave off the three groups in front of them)

~~~

21. Pacific Crest (Barely will hold off a resurgant Pioneer to maintain 2006's placement)

22. Pioneer (An improved showing will help them stay out of the cellar.. expect a lot of "Nice show" comments)

23. Esperanza (Despite finishing up the coast from San Diego, lack of tour momentum and a young membership will prohibit them from a higher placement)

Again, these aren't a slight to anyone marching or the corps themselves... just my guesses. Nobody knows how things will really shake out.

1. Madison was 4 points of colts to make it into finals.

2. They are not going to drop just because of new staff. ex) SCV got new staff and moved up 2 positions.

3. They will kick @ss and will prove everyone wrong.

Madison Scouts are coming back and staying in the finals list.

1. Madison was 4 points of colts to make it into finals.

2. They are not going to drop just because of new staff. ex) SCV got new staff and moved up 2 positions.

3. They will kick @ss and will prove everyone wrong.

Madison Scouts are coming back and staying in the finals list.

easy killer... the Scouts are perfectly capable of talking for themselves. They don't need you to help them out.

~>conner