Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, you're more than welcome to your opinion, but a comment like this is totally uncalled for. Why can't you give the kids the credit they earned. Spirit didn't squeak into finals, they were solidly in finals, more than 2 points ahead of the 13th place corps in semifinals. Not only that, but NONE of the corps behind them beat them at ANY time during the season. That many judges couldn't have been that wrong.

Jeeez.

I was thinking the same thing. What was it again? Somewhere in the ball park of a 2-4 point spread between them and 13th place? If I'm not mistaken, that's a record spread between 12th and 13th. I don't see how anyone with an ounce of common sense can argue with something like that. No offense.

Edited by passionatedc

1. Madison was 4 points of colts to make it into finals.

2. They are not going to drop just because of new staff. ex) SCV got new staff and moved up 2 positions.

3. They will kick @ss and will prove everyone wrong.

Madison Scouts are coming back and staying in the finals list.

Hey, I'm no Madison hater. Anything is possible. You and I have exactly the same amount of knowledge on exactly how things are going to shake out... which is just this side of none.

Fact of the mater is, sometimes corps respond really well to a new staff, some experience growing pains, others have been a disaster... there's really no telling how Madison will do.

BK's doing a Shostakovich show in 2007?

I didn't know that.

Excellent. ^0^

someone made a post about it... but I don't think they've made an official release yet.

~>conner

1-BD

2-SCV

3-Phantom

4-Cavies

5-Bluecoats

6-crown

7-Cadets

8-Glassmen

9-Blue knights

10-Crossmen

11-Boston

12-Spirit

13-Madison

14-colts

15-Troopers

16-Blue Stars

17- Academy

Crossmen in 10th is a bold prediction, i know that being in TX is going to help them a tremendous amount, and they will prolly win DCI within 10 years, but 5 spots for their first year in TX is a little much in my opinion... no way Madison will be out of finals, no way SCV will be in the top 3, no way spirit or boston, or crossmen will be Madison, Blue Stars aren't even in 17th?, no way Glassmen will be 8 (maybe their hornline).

Crossmen in 10th is a bold prediction, i know that being in TX is going to help them a tremendous amount, and they will prolly win DCI within 10 years, but 5 spots for their first year in TX is a little much in my opinion... no way Madison will be out of finals, no way SCV will be in the top 3, no way spirit or boston, or crossmen will be Madison, Blue Stars aren't even in 17th?, no way Glassmen will be 8 (maybe their hornline).

first off these are just predictions, more fun than anything else. Second, you say 'no way', but i would have to point out the same could be said for some of the following:

1. SCV drops to 8th (almost 9th) in 05 after there 3rd place finish in 04

2. x-men fall out of finals in 05 in the first time in how long?

3. Magic makes finals in 02 as division 2

4. Cadets win in 05 after a quiet 4th place finish in 04

5. Bluecoats beat the defending world champions in 06 and the first time (i think) in their history after 5th place finish in 05

All these could arguably be considered a 'no way' prediction during those preseason threads. I wouldn't count out the possibility of anything happening until finals night, because at the end of every season there will be a "the biggest surprise of the season" thread which may quite have some of your 'no ways' included. the only prediction I would bet on is that Star of Indiana WILL (not could!) return in 2007 and win. and im not even betting against their ability to be able to, just the fact of them even returning. :P

Edited by thePerfectbuzz