Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off these are just predictions, more fun than anything else. Second, you say 'no way', but i would have to point out the same could be said for some of the following:

1. SCV drops to 8th (almost 9th) in 05 after there 3rd place finish in 04

2. x-men fall out of finals in 05 in the first time in how long?

3. Magic makes finals in 02 as division 2

4. Cadets win in 05 after a quiet 4th place finish in 04

5. Bluecoats beat the defending world champions in 06 and the first time (i think) in their history after 5th place finish in 05

All these could arguably be considered a 'no way' prediction during those preseason threads. I wouldn't count out the possibility of anything happening until finals night, because at the end of every season there will be a "the biggest surprise of the season" thread which may quite have some of your 'no ways' included. the only prediction I would bet on is that Star of Indiana WILL (not could!) return in 2007 and win. and im not even betting against their ability to be able to, just the fact of them even returning. :P

I also remember most people predicting last fall that Blue Stars would be somewhere betwen 17th and 23rd, with only a few stating that they would "squeek into semis". They did a "little better" than all of those sage projections B). If someone had predicted them in 14th last October/November, I am sure they would have been bombarded with "no way" posts.

Ok, I'll bite:

1. BD

2. BLUECOATS

3. PR

4. CAVIES

5. SCV

6. CADETS

7. CROWN

8. MADISON

9. BC

10. BK

11. BONES

12. GMEN

13. ACADEMY

14. BLUE STARS

15. SPIRIT

16. TROOPERS

17. MANDARINS

18. SEATTLE

19. PACIFIC CREST

20. KK

21. PIONEER

22. Southwind.

I think Crossmen and Colts are back in this year, for sure. They have been eagar to get back in for awhile. Colts and the Colt cadets on that matter ,are thinking smart this year. The Colts are not about to be denyed again this year. But as always its not the colts #1 proiorty to for sure make it in to finals, and it wasnt last year either. this also doesnt mean that they are not think about it... They did what they wanted to do, and left that field accomplished. Im I bais, alittle. This corps wil be back in soon enough.

Blue Stars its going to be tough to tell. if they do great, i still see them right where they were last year though. Finally Academy, I see them right in the top 13 right next to Blue Stars. As for the top 5 I could careless, they are good, but that crap gets really boring after awhile. the bottom 6 is going to be a fight. I really think they are all going to be fighting for a high spot, colts and crossemen are coming to kick someone out...

Edited by dcf06

Here we go:

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Cavaliers

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

...no predictions beyond these three :(

I heard that almost 500 kids auditioned for Phantom Regiment this month. Since Vanguard's auditions were split in 3 different locations (Texas, So. Cal., Santa Clara), I don't have a definite number for them, but I guesstimate around 400+ (we had about 300 show-up in November in Santa Clara alone!)

Crossmen in 10th is a bold prediction, i know that being in TX is going to help them a tremendous amount, and they will prolly win DCI within 10 years, but 5 spots for their first year in TX is a little much in my opinion... no way Madison will be out of finals, no way SCV will be in the top 3, no way spirit or boston, or crossmen will be Madison, Blue Stars aren't even in 17th?, no way Glassmen will be 8 (maybe their hornline).

I put crossmen in 10th because they are going from a first year DCi drill writer to a hall of famer.

also 80 snares trying out / drums look to improve.

madison had bad audition canp

lost all staff from 2006.

SCV is never out of it for long.

Blue stars I had in 16th. they will need a better show to move than 2006 to move up.

Glassmen getting madisons brass staff from 2006.

but there weakness was drill ?could be too high.

I will try again.

1-BD

2-Phantom

3-SCV

4-Cavies

5-Bluecoats

6-Cadets

7-Crown

8-Blue Knights

9-Crossmen

10-Glassmen

11-Boston

12-Madison

13-spirit

14-colts

15 blue stars

16- troopers

17-Southwind

Edited by louielouie

1-BD

2-Phantom

3-SCV

4-Cavies

5-Bluecoats

6-Cadets

7-Crown

8-Blue Knights

9-Crossmen

10-Boston

11-Glassmen

13-Madison

14-spirit

14-colts

15 blue stars

16- troopers

17-academy

forgot 12th

ok stab in the dark! from what ive read over the pass months on various corps for 2007

1, Phantom Regiment

2, Blue Devils

3, The Cadets

4, Cavaliers

5, Santa Clara Vanguard

6, Carolina Crown

7, Bluecoats

8, Boston Crusaders

9, Blue Knights

10, Spirit

11, Crossmen

12, Colts

13, Madison Scouts

14, Glassmen

15, Academy

16, Southwind

17, Bluestars

18, Troopers

19, Pacific crest

20, Madarins

21, Pioneer

22, Magic

23, Seattle Cascade

24, K.K

I've got a prediction for you. It'll be a great summer. Some corps will rise above the rest. Some will fall by the wayside. Some corps will have good shows. Some won't. Some corps will be entertaining. Some won't. Sometimes it'll rain. In the end, someone will win. And then, we will argue endlessly on this website about who was better than who. And then, as soon as the summer is over, someone will post pointlessly about predictions for next year. They never come true. Can't we just sit back and watch the summer unfold?

But, when in rome...

1. Blue Devils- yay!

2. Cavaliers- good show, not enough

3. Bluecoats- another step to a ring

4. Phantom Regiment- doesn't live up to hype

5. Santa Clara Vanguard- good show but dirty

6. The Cadets- could take it or leave it

7. Carolina Crown- another solid year. may crack top 6

8. Blue Knights- good corps, luke warm show

9. Boston Crusaders- solid year fallen short

10. Spirit of JSU- beginning to make a move

11. Crossmen- the sooner out of YEA, the better.

12. Colts- yay colts!

13. Glassmen- continuing the tradition of unispired drum corps

14. Madison Scouts- may slide further

15. Southwind- good corps, cool show. yellow anyone?

16. Blue Stars- sophomore blues. no pun intended

17. Mandarins- medium at best

18. Pacific Crest- where's my hot dog?

19. Troopers- over- hyped. glad their back, though!

20. Seattle Cascade- see 18

21. Pioneer- same old, same old. great group of kids, same boring show.

22. Esperanza- see 18

22. Kiwanis Kavaliers- see 18