Top 5 Spine-Tingling Moments of All-Time

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. The Cadets 2000 (again)...beginning of the season show we had in Bloomington, IL where all the band kids were literally out of their seats cheering for the entire show, and we hadn't even gotten done with the opener before that all started. This is the point where I knew the show would be special.

yeah, i'll never for get that night. in my head, i can still envision the crowd going positively bonkers during the closer. also, walking back to the bus after quarterfinals, and having everyone we passed spontaneously start clapping for us as we passed them is also something from that season i won't forget.

anyway, i'll play...

the crosses from star 1991.

the drumline and hornline "reconverging," if you will, after the ballad in 1993 cadets.

the bass drum cadenza in 1986 suncoast. (actually, the whole show.)

the stationary company front in 1988 cadets. awesome.

that part in blue devils 1999 where the hornline backs into the corner but KEEPS GETTING LOUDER AND LOUDER.

Edited by whitedawn

yeah, i'll never for get that night. in my head, i can still envision the crowd going positively bonkers during the closer. also, walking back to the bus after quarterfinals, and having everyone we passed spontaneously start clapping for us as we passed them is also something from that season i won't forget.

Wow...that's another moment I can't forget. Still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Whitedawn, I'm also wondering who you are.

Gotta go with some of my favorites:

1: Madison 90.... the closer is just to die for.

2: PR 96 opener.

3: 84 BD La Fiesta (with honorable mention to Fanfare and Allegro by SCV)

4: 02 BD shout chorus.

5: 00 Cavies....the last huge major chord in the closer. Yum.

There's too many other moments to list though.

1) Phantom Regiment 2006 - the entire show

2) Phantom Regiment 2003 - the canon reprise

3) Star of Indiana 1993 - the end of the show

4) Phantom Regiment 1994 - claire de lune

5) Cadets 2000 - the company front

MG

Mike, I don't know who you are, but you just made my life! I was in the Bari line at Phantom in '94 for Clair de Lune and I have always been disappointed to have missed out on marching in a show that would be remembered as one of the all-time greats! Thank you so very much! ;)

Right after Mike's post, it is great to see DR Ray Vasquez in the house! Speaking of falling in love with PR, my first show ever was the DCI Finals in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl. Speaking of smokin! I can't understand why the closing of the PR '91 show isn't at the top of everone's list ;)--and Rondinaro agrees with me! (putting words in others' mouths!) Good to "see you" again. Tell everyone about the lip thing in your solo that year! hee-hee! Just had to throw that in there as a contrast to your I&E win. It was kind of interesting seeing the broadcast and contrasting your I&E performance earlier in the week to the Finals solo.

Phantom Regiment '91 closer especially (the reason I marched PR)

Star of Indiana '91 Cross to Cross--wow! First time anybody ever marched in front of the sidelines, yes?? (ha-ha, I got to at the beginning of Clair de Lune!)

Star of Indiana '93 closer--and yes, I was there live for that one too! Should have missed it and marched PR, oops!

Phantom Regiment '96 opener--the year after I aged out, of course! Not bitter!!

Phantom Regiment '06 various moments (first time seeing "my guys" live in uniform in 8 years--great show!)

Not quite sure how I forgot the Soprano entrance in the closer of 89 Regiment.

Even on video its unbelievable.

I was about ready to pay your brother to go to your house and bonk you on the head with a copy of the show.

That made for one of the most amazing moments in drum corps.

Gotta go with some of my favorites:

5: 00 Cavies....the last huge major chord in the closer. Yum.

There's too many other moments to list though.

THAT CHORD WAS EXCELLENT.

I'd also like to mention that famous sop entrance in Xmen '92...there to the end of the piece were unbelievable.

Same with the Phantom '94 ballad in its entirety, seriously. Wow.

Edited by Jared_mello

I'd also like to mention that famous sop entrance in Xmen '92...there to the end of the piece were unbelievable.

That's on my aforementioned top 5... I'm glad someone else agrees! :P