Top 5 Spine-Tingling Moments of All-Time

3. The Cadets 2000 (again)...beginning of the season show we had in Bloomington, IL where all the band kids were literally out of their seats cheering for the entire show, and we hadn't even gotten done with the opener before that all started. This is the point where I knew the show would be special.

Ahh, they do that in Wichita Falls all the time--in the stands----during the performances----------even SkyRyders-----------very annoying.

I won't blog here...I'll go make another post!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very honorable mentions go to the Blue Devils 1999? (I think - Rhythms at the End of Time or whatever it was called - way to go color guard), Phantom Regiment 1993/1994, Cavaliers 50th anniversary show, MADISON 1982 rifles--BEST. EVER. Regiment's Spartacus years

Honorable mentions count--that's 6! Yikes!!

'93 Phantom the Crap CRAB step Wedge

'94 we ended the show with the same move, then when the snare tapped us off the field we crabbed off stage right. Only performance in history to garner TWO ovations after the performance ended?? Had to have added some GE, or something.

Hey, Corey--another former Buick, former SkyRyder! Rosey here. What the hell is that formula at the bottom of your post? LMAO, really--but WTF???

Sorry to bore all the rest of you with unrelated drivel.

Hey man, what's up?! That's a derivation of the Bernoulli equation (that I pulled out of an old physics textbook.) Just got bored one night while studying... If you click it, it takes you to an applicable site. :)

In no particular order - and all of a personal observation.

1. 1994 27th Lancers first hit in Crown Imperial

2. 1989 SCV company front push at end of Music Of The Night

3. 1992 Crossmen brass re entry after perc break in Rain Forest

4. 1987 Cadets ending

5. 1984 Suncoast Sound, the balloon goes up in the air

and not on the field, but by far the most spine tingling and emotional moment I have ever witnessed in drum corps....

Kansas City 1989 Madison Scouts singing You'll Never Walk Alone to alumnus who was injured in an accident the year prior

Ahh, they do that in Wichita Falls all the time--in the stands----during the performances----------even SkyRyders-----------very annoying.

I won't blog here...I'll go make another post!

I didn't find it annoying at all. I was actually glad they did that...I hope they do that for all the corps. It feels good when you have a crowd cheering like that in the early season.

Wow! Three mentions of PR '94! I'm going to name my three first born Mike, Spook, and Will. I hope I don't have any girls or they'll just have to deal with it!

Thanks, guys! I've been away from the activity for several years and just came back in on a more regular basis in the last couple of years. Probably beginning with the spring DCI countdown and 1/4's at the movies. I've always been a little bit disappointed with the show selection that year other than Clair de Lune. Anybody familiar with '93/'94 knows they basically followed the same formula. Ironically, they got the same placement and same score, too. I always wanted to march an '89 or '93, my only year to march top 12 was '94, and I conveniently aged out in '95. Great timing, right?

So three posts about the '94 corps in one thread is pretty special to at least one person!

If I've missed anybody else's posts, don't worry I'll get there. And you'll probably hear me blubbering again! But my gosh, my poor wife!!

93 and 94 are two of of my favorite drum corps shows. From a design standpoint, they did some risks that worked amazing, from using the removed helmets as part of the visual statement to the crabwalk to even the placement of the pit. The truly brilliant concept, and one I think should be used more, was tying in a visual artist along with the show.

aren't in any order but

1.)Let it be Me-Spirit '80-They played with some much emotion even watching it on the Legacy Collection makes me want to cry

2.)Cadets '84-just the company front comes out of nowhere

3.)Blue Devls '82-when the soloist in Peguas takes it up so smooth:)

4.)Phantom '06-Ave Maria after finals peformance

5.)Phantom '93??-Fire of Eternal Glory and what a wedge!

1. Cadets 2000 at 1:10 through 1:37 and 10:44 to the end (best show of all time)

2. Cadets 2006 at 3:20 through 4:05 (would have been more effective if it were played louder) and the end of the ballad

3. Cadets 2001 at 10:38 to the end

4. Cadet 2004 8:07 through 8:24

5. Scouts 2000 10:19 to the end. Great music

All times taken from final's recordings

Go listen!

Edited by 73rd

5. Scouts 2000 10:19 to the end. Great music

A bold choice, but a good show. I liked the openner a lot.