• Glassmen
    • Spirit from JSU
    • None

Cleanest: The Cavaliers

Most Recognizable: Blue Devils

Dirtiest: Madison Scouts

Hardest: Madison Scouts

good luck Boston

I would have to agree with the Madison thing. The horns are booking it during the drum feature. Oh and the tenor on the left end is the man. That guy can march! I would also have to say he's very attractive and good with the ladies.

Oh yeah, and Boston, have fun with Myron. He can write some drill but you better be prepared to RUN! He's a great guy too, very inspirational character.

Edited by Jofus

Vanguard all the way!

Vanguard, followed by Cavaliers, Cadets, and Blue Devils.

I'm still working on evaluating the high-cams, but my quick thoughts -

Cavies - still the best at what they do, but this one had far fewer "wow" moments than recent years.

Phantom - different style of drill than the Cavaliers, but this year, almost as effective. Great use, as always, of body movement.

BD - drill seemed kind of lackluster for me, but honestly, the dark uniforms might have had something do do with it. It just feels like they're missing... something.

Bluecoats - very cool big, BIG forms across the field, but it felt like a lot of it was big form -> transition -> big form without a lot of the little forms in between, if that makes any sense. However, I think it was still a top 6 caliber drill, to be sure!

Cadets - <shakes head> park benches ruined a great opportunity for awesome drill. However, the rest of the show is rock solid, if lacking in the "wow" moments that the other corps had.

SCV - wow, what an awesome drill - I've watched this one more than any of the others so far. Lines / corners / direction changes were fuzzier than the top corps, but man, what a great leap forward for them.

(And yes, Madison's drill was friggin' cool, even if it was dirty. :) )

Mike

DVD Critiques:

They need to shoot this in HIGH DEF AND/OR AT LEAST 16:9 aspect ratio!! Widescreen will look AWESOME and we will definitely see MUCH more of the field. The camera seemed to be a bit close; thus, I was not able to see much of the colorguard movements.

AGREED!!!! All the technology is now in place to produce HD DVD's.........now there is the whole $$$ thing. I want a Blu-Ray player BAD!!!!! Not sure I am willing to dish out $1000 for it. Maybe it will come down in time!!!!!!! :doh: