Most underrated show of the past 10 years?

Boston 2001 - Like the OP, that was one of the first shows I thought of

Bluecoats 1995 - More than 10 years old now, but hey

Phantom 1997 - Hard to call a Phantom show underrated, but maybe it suffers from being in 1996's shadow

Blue Knights 1999 - A great show, sometimes overlooked in a great year. Listen/watch from the 9:30 mark of the audio track.

Glassmen 1999/2001 - tie, some people still point to these shows as why they think Glassmen are boring. I don't see it.

Crossmen 2004 - I like it better than 1992

Esperanza 2003 - A personal favorite that deserves mention, even though it won Div II

Spirit 2002 - probably my favorite Spirit show yet, really solid.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom 04, Boston 05, Cavies 01, SCV 02, and Phantom 97.

~>conner

Did you miss the HUGE tear between pit and snares at the beginning of the backsticking?

i thought i'd point out that hornline and drums were together on the initial hit... metal brush creating the "train slowly starting up" sound wasn't necessarily supposed to be "in time" with the snares...

let me guess... you also thougth the chimes were off too.... :worthy:

Cadets 2005

but that's just off the top of my head :P

Didn't the Cadets win in 2005? I suppose you are refering to it being underrated by fans... personally, i love listening to the CD, but i HATE watching the DVD, but that is just me. i suppose i contribute to the 05 Cadets being underrated... but i really don't feel bad about that at all.

Didn't the Cadets win in 2005? I suppose you are refering to it being underrated by fans... personally, i love listening to the CD, but i HATE watching the DVD, but that is just me. i suppose i contribute to the 05 Cadets being underrated... but i really don't feel bad about that at all.

apparently you missed the sarcasm.

~>conner

I'm sorry, but Cadets 2004 was just borring - and I enjoy Glassmen shows, lol.

Seriously though, they played what they were given that year really really well (love the double-tonguing while movine = major kudos to them), but I just cannot get into that show.

Cadets 2004 was boring but u 'enjoy' glassmens shows? As i will agree Cadets 2004 doesnt have the mojo or beef other corps had that year. But there level of execution was entertaining enough for me. Their hornline had some of the more finer moments of the 2004 season. very very very underrated!