Most underrated show of the past 10 years?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are a couple things that lead me to believe they were meant to be in time.

1. For parts that aren't "necessarily" meant to "be in time", the metal brushes sync up with the battery in a hurry. I doubt they intended for 1 bar to not line up and the next 15 to be together.

2. If you listen to the show with percussion judge audio he is right infront of the snares at that moment, and they enter in perfect time (from their point of sound on the field) with the pit, which leads me to believe they were listening forward.

It was a tear.

It was NOT a tear....

1. If you listen carefully, the metal brushes were accelerating from when it started, and caught up to the tempo of the line and accelerated right along with us.

2. If you WATCH the dvd, we were only about 8-10 steps away from the pit, which is not far enough for a delay in sound to occur between us and the pit. What you heard on the judge is correct; WE DID ENTER IN PERFECT TIME with the pit. You believed wrong that we were listening forward. As we were coming across, we were watching the drum major the entire time.

My fav. underrated for past 10 years...97 SCV - I LOVE Fog City Scetches, 98 Madison , 98 Cavaliers

It was NOT a tear...

Now come on guys, I think you are forgetting about ALL those times we told you to listen forward... :P

Of course. You always listen to the pit and look at the ground :)

Cadets 97

BD 04

Crown 96 (they were moving that year, although it wasnt very clean; the drumline was playing some cool beats too...)

Madison 01, 02, 05

Phantom 96, BD 99, Cavies 00 (yes, I think these guys should've won it alone)

Edited by kbkcdrums

Phantom 96 won, how can they be underrated? :doh:

Edited by dciguy01

Phantom 96 won, how can they be underrated? :doh:

yeah... definetely not an underrated show.

~>conner