Most underrated show of the past 10 years?

Phantom 04, Boston 05, Cavies 01, SCV 02, and Phantom 97.

~>conner

I agree with you on all of those except the Boston 2005. They are rated and talked about right where they should be. It wasnt a horrible show, but def. not one of their best productions in the 2000's. Probably, IMO anyways, their weakest hornline produced in a while. There guard wasnt as strong as we're used to seeing from the group....usually they have one of the strongest executing guards. I thought they lacked flow in the show...then again that may be why im not a show designer. and i thought ensembly the music wasnt as 'musical' (arrangment issues) as say some of the groups around them like SCV and Crown. Not to mention the end of the show the hornline members were dropping like flies. Leaving on a positive 'note' (heh) they did have some nice moments....the opening segment (sans the botched trumpet solo) was a moment, the impact in the ballad was gorgeous, and the ending with the recognizable boston-esque drill and drum hits was designed well to provide energy (if the endurance was there). Just not enough pros to outweigh the cons. my .02

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ballad and Sing Sing Sing section are enough for me to give Boston 05 more credit than they recieve.

~>conner

SCV '92, Phantom '05, SVC '04

i thought i'd point out that hornline and drums were together on the initial hit... metal brush creating the "train slowly starting up" sound wasn't necessarily supposed to be "in time" with the snares...

let me guess... you also thougth the chimes were off too.... :doh:

Well, there are a couple things that lead me to believe they were meant to be in time.

1. For parts that aren't "necessarily" meant to "be in time", the metal brushes sync up with the battery in a hurry. I doubt they intended for 1 bar to not line up and the next 15 to be together.

2. If you listen to the show with percussion judge audio he is right infront of the snares at that moment, and they enter in perfect time (from their point of sound on the field) with the pit, which leads me to believe they were listening forward.

It was a tear.

SCV '92, Phantom '05, SVC '04

I don't think any of those are underrated, especially SCV 04.

I would say...Scouts 98, SCV 97, Magic 97, Phantom 01, Magic 03, Crossmen 03

Phantom 04.