2005 Carolina Crown

"Crown" of Indiana... hehe
Star of Carolina?

that's right, DVD is working there...

AND Crown sounds alright... Not the best in 2005. Check out a recording, NOT THE VIDEO, recording of The Cadets in 2005... Excellent!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are: Carolina Crown, and the fact that their name is "Carolina Crown" is the only reason that they finished 7th in brass.

Ah. Kay. Guess that sucks for them, and it's too bad that apparently no corps has done exceedingly well in captions if they haven't won a championship before.

2006 was a lot better, anyway. 2005 didn't really do anything for me in the sense that for every impressive thing they did (attacks), they invalidated it seconds later (releases). 2006 had a lot of sweet moments, and it's pretty rare nowadays when you can tell that a show is written around a hornline's sound and power. That's what 2006 was, and they definitely made great use of their potential in that regard and surely didn't disappoint. I felt like '05 was kind of a hybrid show between eras for them....in 2003 and 2004, it was their guard that they showcased design-wise, because it was their strongest point. In 2006, I felt like the corps was banking on the hornline to win over fans and judges and blow people away with their sound. 2005 seemed kind of like an awkwardish mix of the two, and at least from my point of view, didn't impress or amuse me very much.

Hope that small bit of justification (containing my major disputes with the corps' shows, for the most part) enables me to post this without people freaking out for being "biased" or "anti-Crown" or whatever people are so quick to label these days.

Yay '06. Lots of great moments in that show.

I'd say it's definitely their 1st or 2nd best hornline to date, but I agreed with their brass placement and overall placement in 05. Very nice brass moments throughout the show, but lots of phrasing problems and some trouble with releases. They're certainly heading in the right direction.

And just to be clear, I love Crown and their 05 show in particular.

crown just put out a cd with some brass only recordings of 05. i got a hold of it through a friend and it is amazing! it sounds like synthesizers playing instead of 72 brass. i highly recomend it, i think its the summer sprinkler cd

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered. :)

Link to it:

http://www.thecrownstore.com/catalog/produ...db14a742ca6bf39