I've got to say.. REALLY???

Sharon

Nice 'tude.

anyone hear of a Sharon spin? :P

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did several "wind - up" tosses when I was in guard in high school (1999, 2000). I remember doing one running out from behind our back drops (on the 30) to the 50. It was like 8 counts to run out AND toss and get in our spot. LOVED that move!

I teach my guards to do this toss. It just looks fantastic (when it's together).

I believe you are talking about a "Speed Spin or Double Fast Prep" into a toss. If you had said "drop, vertical, over, angle then toss....that would have been a "Peggy Prep" into a toss. The Peggy has just a little more velocity than that of a double/speed spin.

I teach that to my guard and they use it for warm ups.

Yeah, that's what I mean. We learned them in the 80's as a "wind-up." (the dbl fst spin) Never thought about doing it out of a Peggy, will have to incorporate that too.

The only video example I can think of right now for the wind-up (at least the dbl fst) is the last 30? seconds of Madison Scouts '88 (Malaguena) when the guard is racing for it's life :P in the expanding drill you can see them do the wind-up before the toss.

Relating to tosses, thought I'd link this here in case some may not visit the CGP forum often:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...showtopic=95387

Edited by garfield_cadets

The Cavaliers did wind-up(or peggy spin) tosses at the end of 1988, 1989 and maybe 1990 shows. LOVE IT! Those boys launch those 51/2' poles and it is hot!