Best Arranged Corps

Top 6 of Last Year to narrow the selection  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps has the most talented arranger(s) for putting music on a football field??

• The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard

Doug Thrower is a very good arranger, in fact the whole bluecoats music design team as well as the instructors should get two thumbs up for the work they have done. especially the past two seasons. Not a fan of Wayne Downey, I think the hornline has an amazing timbre to their sound, but there music books just dont draw me in enough. Saucedo is a very good arranger...but his stuff is starting to sound stale to me...like the 2000's almost all sound the same...i believe doing billy joel will be a good refresher for that whole music design team, should be great stuff. Jay Bocook writes some of the best stuff, he has a very artistic style that (i think) depicts him from the leagues best arrangers.

and honorable mentions goes to Robert W. Smith :worthy:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Devils jazz and Phantoms classical,But Jay Bocook is a master amoung masters.

Any time you can take a classic like Malaguena and make it your own. That's talent!

After hearing Muchachos, Caballeros and Madison play it live, I thought it was untouchable.

I love Devils jazz and Phantoms classical,But Jay Bocook is a master amoung masters.

Any time you can take a classic like Malaguena and make it your own. That's talent!

After hearing Muchachos, Caballeros and Madison play it live, I thought it was untouchable.

I dont think Bocook did Malaguena...although i may be wrong. Was that not Don Hill in 2003? although it was a very tasty arrangment ^0^

If Jay didn't do 2003 I stand corrected. I also love 2004-2006.

And wasn't the 2003 Malagueña basically a note-for-note-transcription of Blast!'s? Cadets 2003 is one of my favorite shows ever, but still.

Phantom Regiment

Jim Wren and then JD Shaw