Best Arranged Corps

Top 6 of Last Year to narrow the selection  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps has the most talented arranger(s) for putting music on a football field??

• The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard

I really wish that corps would find their way back to the time that a melody lasted longer than 8 counts.

I think we're beginning to go back in the melodic direction already. DC seems to go in phases. I think if Crown and Phantom continue to move up to and stay in the top 3, then you may see other corps start to follow their lead. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on Kerchner Bob...How could I forget him :doh: He arranged one of the most important DC songs I ever played. Does anybody know what he's doing these days? Did he do any DC arranging in the '90s?

I would love to see a breakdown of the lineages of these important arrangers. I hear a lot in basketball about "coaching trees" ie this coach was mentored by this guy and in turn he mentored this guy over here. Any of you old-timers with a brain for trivia care to elaborate on DC "arranging trees?"