Old Senior Corps Photos

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I just found this post and i whould like to share with you some picture of 1983 DCA Drum & Bugle corps from Montréal région call L'ODYSSÉE.

Click on the link below and you will see the fisrt corps ever did a uniform change in a contest. The last picture show, before and after custume change. In the flying saucer the costume change take only 60 second. We beguin the show in blue basic uniform and change it to red durring the drum solo.

Before the Drum line where pink and after where white and snare drum where adding 2 bongos drum.

http://www.slide.com/r/aPTbe0bkxT8bZHr6_4q...p;view=original

In 1984 DCI Santa Clara Vanguard did a pants change when they past throu a tunnel and so on.

Any more picture that you interested, feel free to write me at: ronaldmasse@otmail.com

I march for L'ODYSSÉE in 1982-83-84 ( the corps close beguinning 1985)

I also march for LES MÉTROPOLITAINS of Montréal, Qc. in 1994 (that year we finnish 4th and win 2 captions: Best Pitt Ensemble and Best Color Guard) saddly this corps also close after 4 years of activity.

Now i join & re-start LES DIPLOMATES ALUMNI since 2006 and participate to DCA ALUMNI SPECTACULAR in 2007 and will be back in 2008

neat photo from 1979

the funny thing is how high those snares are being worn with slings, not harnesses, ow?

Just looked at the L'Odyssee pics and my memory ain't as good as I thought. Totally forgot about the smoke coming out and the spaceship moving around the field. Then again I only saw it once at Prelims and remember the judges walking around the spaceship with "How do I judge this?" looks on their faces. But when the corps came out in new uniforms and blasting away it was unforgettable.

LOL, even bought a L'Odyssee cap and wore it until the brim rotted.

And still have the pin up on the wall with the rest of the collection....

:ph34r:

I remember seeing L'Odysee back in 82 and 83. That 'flying saucer' thing was kinda cool, especially with the uni change..I only saw the 83 show at the exhibition in Reading the night before prelims..still always a fan..by the time I got back to DCA (85) you guys were gone..

Thanks Superman..I'm another of those fans that miss the Canadian corps, from whatever province.

Pat

I remember watching them in finals and commenting to my mom "they aren't really going to march with those pepto-bismol pink drums, are they??" Then, the costume change! It was great and most innovative. We loved it.

A small recapitulation of the L'Odyssée from Montréal, Québec, when the saucer ate all it's 120 members including drum line, only the small pit and a couple of yellow aliens turning around. We have 60 second to change. At the beginning of the show, we have blue uniform, when exiting the saucer we where in satin red.

Inside the saucer, we pull off the sleeve to reveal red satin sleeve, we pull up and attach to the neck with velcro, from the white belt, the satin red shirt front to cover the blue and yellow plastron, we took out the alumminium visor covering half our face on our white helmet and put a red feather on top, the drum line remove the pink cover on there drums and the snare line add 2 bongo's drums at each side.

The fisrt attempt of that uniform change was at the contest in Meadowland Stadium with 5 junior and 5 senior corps compétition in 1983.

The crowd reaction was and still the most memorable souvenir that we will alway's remenber.

At OTL, the music was a potpourri of Science-Fiction music movie: Odysse 2001, Battleship Galactica, Stars Wars, Stars Trek, E.T., The Planets and Close inconter of the third kind. follow by the drum solo (and uniform change) title <Metamorphosis> at the exit of the saucer we played <Les Uns et Les Autres> to concert < Latin Jazz> and the final pièces was < What I did for Love (Ice Castle)> to E.T. Ending, with a member dress-up with a costume of E.T. with is finger lit up. Kids love it.

Of course that show was made only to entertain the fan of drum corps, judge hate hit. At that time (1980's) it was a real chalenge to put out a show like that. When dismentle, the saucer have to fit the luggage compartment of the 4 bus, we have no equipment truck.

When i'll find out how to do it, i'll post more picture and perhaps a vidéo.

Write to you guy's later.

Hey as long as y'all are looking up and posting old DC pics....Does any one have any of the Hamburg Kingsmen of Hamburg, NY (1971-1975)? I had a couple and don't know what happened to them and I know my Dad has one or two but I'd like to get as many as I can to put an album together for my Dad of all the corps and all the years he marched. I have to dig out my list of corps and the years so I can see if any of you have the other ones I need but I figure this is a start since it was my Dad's favorite corp to march with. He even named his hunting camp "camp Kingsmen" and the sign has the little fat king on it...LOL

If you do can you please PM me and I will get you an email address to send them to? Thank you!

Edited by Drumcorpsbrat