Favorite 2nd Place show of the 2000's

Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2nd place show from 2000-2006 was your favorite?

• Blue Devils 2000(closest thing to 2nd due to the tie)
    • Blue Devils 2001
    • Cadets 2001
    • Blue Devils 2002
    • Cavaliers 2003
    • Blue Devils 2004
    • Cavaliers 2005
    • Phantom Regiment 2006
  2. 2. Should the show you chose have won?

• Yes
    • No

Only if that wasn't sarcastic (it may have been, I might have just missed it), since they weren't really supposed to be together. Apparently they were supposed to get to around 260 bpm individually, but didn't have to get in time with each other. The stop (which was supposed to be at the same time) was pretty awful though.

I'm sorry, but it still looked like crap.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love BD's 04...and that show was my favorite all throughout the season...i thought it was the show that deserved gold...until I saw the Cavies finals performance...wow

Major ditto. I voted BD '04 and "no" also for this same reason. Until I saw the Cavies at Quarters, I thought BD's show was unstoppable. 007 was incredible on so many levels it remains one of my top 10 shows of all time.

btw, when we do the "Favorite 3rd place show of 2000's", pencil me in for SCV '04. Any of those three shows could have won and I still would be a happy drum corpsnut.

I didn't read all of the posts, but I'm not sure why Cadets 2001 is on the list (even though it was a great show, wasn't it 3rd place?).

My 2nd place favorites of the 2000's are (in order):

Phantom Regiment 2006

Blue Devils 2004

Blue Devils 2002

Blue Devils 2001

Cavaliers 2003

Blue Devils 2000

Cavaliers 2005

I voted "yes" on do I think they should have won, but that was no disrespect to the Cavies. There are great moments in each of these 7 shows, but the horn lines of my first 2 picks give them the edge. Phantom '06 is given the overall #1 due to a better show ending than BD '04, and the emotional aspect.

For me hands down Phantom 06

It took me a while to decide between BD 2000 and PR 2006. I ended up choosing BD 2000. However both show are amazing.

And I voted no.

I picked BD '04, and yes I do believe it should have won. It was ridiculously clean.

i second that. there were a lot of ticks in cavies that year, and summertrain was one of the cleanest shows i've seen. not really sure why BD didn't win.

I didn't read all of the posts, but I'm not sure why Cadets 2001 is on the list (even though it was a great show, wasn't it 3rd place?).

On Finals night in 2001, Cadets managed to tie BD and earn the right to be called a second place show.

I voted "yes" on do I think they should have won, but that was no disrespect to the Cavies. There are great moments in each of these 7 shows, but the horn lines of my first 2 picks give them the edge. Phantom '06 is given the overall #1 due to a better show ending than BD '04, and the emotional aspect.

I wish, I wish, I wish that BD had kept their original ending in 2004, with the drumline "train" chugging into the station of the end zone. It was the perfect ending to that show, bringing the previous eleven minutes to an obvious and appropriate close. I saw it in the RCA Dome, and that ended matched the cool and cocky mood of the rest of the show far more completely than the gimmick they tacked on for finals.

Phantom 2006

They were just on fire. Every section on fire.

BD 04' just bad###, I had no idea why cavs were winning. I saw the quarters at the cinema and still did not get it. Then I saw them live at tournament of champions, Now I get it that show was amazing live you had to see it live. I voted BD 04' because it was the best 2nd place show I voted yes because I am a homer.