wonderful news from DCE, looking good!

harrold99

wonderful news from DCE, looking good!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Drum Corps Europe has presented the list of participants for the DCE Championships 2007. Many well-known top corps have once again signed up to compete for the European title, whilst a few interesting new participants will also be performing. This coming year will see drum corps competing from the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, Belgium, Sweden and Italy.

It was announced earlier that DCE has cut down slightly on the number of participants from 26 to 22. According to the organisation it would be better for both the participants as well as the spectators for the EC to begin at 10 AM (instead of 9 AM). The top 12 of the Open Class, the top 3 of the Percussion Class and the top 3 of the Cadet Class this year are automatically placed in next year's competition.

As they all signed up, DCE only had four 'wildcards' left to distribute. These were allocated to the Kidsgrove Scouts (UK), Millennium (Italy), Poynton Commodores (UK) and Fidele Vogelsanger (Germany). This results in the following list of participants:

Open Class

6th Hove Scouts (UK)

Beatrix (NL)

Black Knights (UK)

Distant Thunder (UK)

Federatieband (NL)

Fidele Vogelsanger (GER)

Jong-Holland (NL)

Jubal (NL)

Juliana (NL)

Kidsgrove Scouts (UK)

Millennium (IT)

Northern Star (UK)

Poynton Commodores (UK)

Senators (UK)

Starriders (GER)

Wölper Löwen (GER)

Percussion Class

DrumSpirit (BE)

Göteborg (SWE)

Rhythm Stars (NL)

Cadet Class

Jong Avalance (NL)

Jong Beatrix (NL)

Jong Jubal (NL)

The DCE Championships will be held on September 29th, 2007. DCE would like to thank all the corps for signing up and wish both participants and spectators a fantastic season!

http://www.drumcorpseurope.org/news/publis...icle_4415.shtml

I really enjoy getting news like this to post on the DCP front page. The European drum corps activity is becoming quite the beast!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is going to sound stupid but what are the rules somewhat similar to that of DCI here in the US? For example, is the age limit still 22 or are the corps size limit only up to 135 members? Im completely unfamiliar with the DCE circuit (or any other international circuit like DCJ or DCUK). Can someone clue me in? :)

Edited by sopchick_01

Hi Sopchick,

There is no age limit in DCE, and the DCE Competition Manual doesn't have a rule for maximum size. The drum corps competitions in Europe (The UK, The Netherlands, Germany) lean more towards the DCA season (weekend competitions from May - September). If you want more information, please visit:

www.drumcorpseurope.org

Or PM/email me. I'd be happy to answer your questions!

Kind regards,

Marco Janssen

Drum Corps Europe

What does Skyline do these days? Are they a drum and bugle corps?

• 5 months later...
What does Skyline do these days? Are they a drum and bugle corps?

I guess no one knows!

I guess no one knows!

Hi,

Skyline is now called: hoechster-schlossgarde

more info on: http://www.hoechster-schlossgarde.de/html/skyline.html

• 2 weeks later...

How common is it in the past for North American corps to participate in DCE Finals? Has it ever happened? You said that DCE is closer in scope and style to DCA... Would a DCA corps have more success than a DCI corps in the DCE championship?

Hey,

There was never a North American corps performing at the DCE Finals. Since DCE Finals are in the last weekend of, that is not possible. Several corps came over to Europe Though.

In 2005 Blue Devils performed at a DCE Regional in Belgium. DCA corps would have great succes in DCE!