DCJ Hachioji Open

Eddie

Is this the guy I saw running around with the Yokohama Scouts girl at the Kanto Regionals?

I don't think he went to the Kanto Regionals. He has red hair and a beard. He's married to a japanese girl, but she don't march.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he went to the Kanto Regionals. He has red hair and a beard. He's married to a japanese girl, but she don't march.

He shouldn't be too hard to find then, thanks :)

I'll write up something after Christmas. I'm a little disappointed in my corps' results, but oh well. There was a film crew there shooting the whole contest for a variety show that airs on TBS (Tokyo Broadscasting Station) on Tuesday nights. Inspires are just fricken loud... it's sick ^0^

Eddie, could you record that TBS special? I will get the tape from you when I get to Japan.

I don't know if I can as I don't have a VCR, but I'll try and see if my gf will do it for me. I'm not even sure when this particular show is going to air.

And, I need to reiterate my Inspires comment above. The last chord of the show (which is pretty much half their show :) ) starts at FF and just gets louder after every beat. When the chord was finally released (which was around Sunday morning :P ) you can hear the echoing throughout the gym, but even after that settled down, you could hear the vibrations of the gym's support beams rattling... THAT'S how loud it was.

I'll write up something after Christmas. I'm a little disappointed in my corps' results, but oh well. There was a film crew there shooting the whole contest for a variety show that airs on TBS (Tokyo Broadscasting Station) on Tuesday nights. Inspires are just fricken loud... it's sick ^0^

What's the variety show? Might be worth doing some YouTube searching in the near future.

Kevin, I just sent a writeup to you. :)

The Pride of Soka Drum & Bugle Corps hosted the 2006 Drum Corps Japan (DCJ) Hachioji Open this past Saturday in Tokyo, Japan to a standing room crowd in Soka University's Main Gymnasium. Six corps from around the Kanto Region participated in this annual event, with a special guest performance by the Soka Renaissance Vanguard Drum & Brass Corps (2006 Kanto Regional Grand Prix Champion). The Yokohama Inspires literally rattled the complex with their powerful eight and a half rendition of Malaguena with a score of 72.9, taking the High General Effect and High Brass captions as well. In second was the defending 2006 DCJ champions, the Yokohama Scouts with a score of 71.1 and taking the High Percussion caption, performing their program "Colored Jazzy Volcano." Tokyo Phoenix came in third with a 69.4, taking the High Visual Caption, and Pride of Soka rounded out the division I competition with a score of 69.2. In Division II, the Cherry Blossoms retook their lead over the Sonic Lancers with a score of 62.8. Sonic Lancers came in second with a score of 55.9.

During this year's Hachioji Open, a film crew from Tokyo Broadcasting Station (TBS) was on sight, taping the entire contest for an upcoming episode of their Tuesday night (10:00 p.m. JST) variety show called "Lincoln." Comedians from the hit variety show were on hand, both on the floor giving an exhibition performance and in the stands giving commentary during performances. The episode will air next year on TBS stations around the the nation, so stay tuned.

The 2007 Drum Corps Japan Championships will occur on Sunday, January 28th at the Yokohama Culture Gymnasium (Yokohama Bunka Taiikukan) in Yokohama, Japan. For more information, please visit the DCJ website at dcjpn.org.

2006 Hachioji Open Recap - http://www.dcjpn.org/cgi-bin/dlcnt/dlcnt.c...=f_hachioji2006

Lincoln Variety Show - http://www.tbs.co.jp/lincoln05/top.html

Edited by bari_benzo