Annual 2007 DCI Proposals

Every director is only permitted 1 rule proposal submission every other year.

Amen! Maybe then directors will actually put thought into changes that are important to DCI instead of just writing up a proposal for whatever idea pops into their heads. Maybe every other year is a bit much, because sometimes there are minor proposals that are very legitimate.

Perhaps you should get 1 rule proposal to start with. If your proposal passes, you get another one (that you don't necessarily have to use) for the next year. If it fails, you don't get to make a proposal the next year.

Corps may hold a single note/chord through their announcement without penalty, but may not play through. Warm-up is warm-up, show is show.

Agreed.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my four proposals I would like to see adopted:

1. Every Corps must field a majorette/twirling line/featured twirler

2. Hide & Seek by Imogen Heap must be used in every show (Oh, wait...)

3. A Slip-and-Slide must be used in the last half of every show (no penalty for water use)

4. In addittion to standard scores, a new caption will be included: Smell. Corps will be strongly encouraged to use new and unique smells in the design and performance of their shows. Fruity and musk smells will be give a 0.00054 bonus.

I hope my ideas get approved!!

^0^

Edited by Rudy Flyer

All organizations fielding a corps for DCI competition must go through a re-evaluation of organization responsibilities similar to that when applying for DCI competition as a new corps. Either every year, every other year, or every three years depending on the good standing of the said organization.

This keeps all organizations in balance and gives both DCI and the corps community a sense of security when it comes to corps support and membership.

All organizations fielding a corps for DCI competition must go through a re-evaluation of organization responsibilities similar to that when applying for DCI competition as a new corps. Either every year, every other year, or every three years depending on the good standing of the said organization.

This keeps all organizations in balance and gives both DCI and the corps community a sense of security when it comes to corps support and membership.

:blink:

I appreciate it, but it ain't happening. Why audit the Blue Devils every year? Checking on kids periodically is important, and believe it or not, DCI does that. But why audit every year?

The only problem with that is that sometimes anouncers cut into corps' warm-ups, even fi they are totally unrelated to the show, in order to save time. Take quarterfinals, for instance.

OK, good point. Let me rewrite this then...

Corps must end their warm-up with either a significant cut-off or single sustained note/chord at the time the drum major acknowledges the corps' show start. It is the responsibility of the performing corps to clearly signify this intent, at risk of a 1 point penalty. Penalty assignment is by head judge only.

How's that?

But why audit every year?

...every year its someone different who ends up taking a year off. Cap Reg, Magic, Troop, KK...with more on the verge, it seems.

Maybe every year is a little much...but spot checks every two/three might not be a bad idea.

I appreciate it, but it ain't happening. Why audit the Blue Devils every year? Checking on kids periodically is important, and believe it or not, DCI does that. But why audit every year?

Either every year, every other year, or every three years depending on the good standing of the said organization is what I said, not just every year.

Even the worlds most successful companies have to go through periodic audits.