2006 Is Coming To A Close

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is has been happening slowly over time, but I feel the big story in post-finals 2006 is the delocalication of Drum Corps. With a number of Corps relocating and almost every Corps having multiple audition sites, I think it is very clear that very, very few Corps have a majority of members from the communities in which they are based. I don't think this is a bad thing, just a realization.

The delocalization of drum corps is anything but news.

Its a tough one between the 10 years in a row at Indy, and the Cavaliers incredible streak.

Forgot to mention...those are the biggest ones, until PR wins another one before the decades over.

Edited by raphael18

Regarding Phantom. If they can pull off with their gaurd and visual drill what they have done musically with the horns and percussion it will be fine day to look forward too. I'm looking forward to just such an event on the West Coast this year. Infact that may well be the story of the ages.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

Long term: the move to Indy. This supposedly sets up DCI to do a number of other things, now that there's not location and contracting issues for the next decade. We'll see how that turns out.

Short term: more than "Machine", more than "Faust"...this year will be remembered for a 5th place show that decided to go a little farther than people were comfortable with. Supporters can laud that as proof that the bleeding edge is still there, while the flip side sees it as too much of a deviation from what got them to their standing in the activity in the first place.