Should all DCA Corps be required to include a feature twirler in their

I think EVERY corps in DCA should be required to have at least one feature twirler in their corps. I think that in order for the activity to continue and grow, we need batons. Baton twirling is the key to all growth. If you don't agree with me, I will throw my baton at you.

How do others feel?

ps - I think evil is sexy! ^0^\

pss - Boredom manifests itself in very interesting ways

Edited by Rudy Flyer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're either:

a.) Nuttier than squirel turds.

b.) The demon spawn of George Hopkins.

c.) All of the above.

I think EVERY corps in DCA should be required to have at least one feature twirler in their corps. I think that in order for the activity to continue and grow, we need batons. Baton twirling is the key to all growth. If you don't agree with me, I will throw my baton at you.

How do others feel?

They should lead the corps trooping the stands, high stepping all the way ^0^

How do others feel?

Using the word Twirl in guard is almost as bad as using the words multi key in drum corps. :drool:

Ohh wait,,,its ok to use those words now. :drool:

How do others feel?

I agree, but only if we break out the marching glockenspiels (sp?) and those boots with the tassles for the guard! :P

not to spoil the tongue in cheek.... BUT (seriously)

Actually, my main major for many years, Alan Smythe, was U.S. National solo champion twirler at one time and on several occasions used a baton in corps and of course was the master of the mace... He even did several seasons as the PAID baton twirler for I think it was the Philadelphia Eagles...

Shortly before his death, he did a phenominal baton exhibition at an indoor show that floored everyone... for his age and health... he still HAD it...

and for those of you young 'uns... batons WERE used in major corps for many years well into the 50's... they went out of vogue in the late 50's at the same time many senior corps stopped using women... I'll never understand that... why did we go for almost a full decade (1959 or so to mid to late 60's) with no women in the corps????

How do others feel?

The Dunkirk, NY area corps have Frankie Kye,................I've performed many times with this guy,.....................he is in the Guinness Book of World Records under several listings related to marching and drum corps,.................